Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Fibromyalgia

More
3 years 4 months ago #21952 by Little Buddy
Little Buddy replied the topic: Fibromyalgia

Carpediem wrote: Hi Little Buddy,

I am not on any pain medication i originally went to the private royal north shore pain clinic in sydney and they told me that they had no idea what was causing my pain they suspected fibro and that i would be in pain for the rest of my life they took a $1000 off me and didn't help me i took one tablet of cymbalta and it sent me to go crazy for 2 days and i was in so much pain bedridden it was horrible. So i decided to take action and i saw a functional medicine doctor and we did a ton of testing and found Borrelia Lyme disease which is an infection which causes Fibro I did 6 months of antibiotics and now i am transitioning to herbal treatment all natural and i am doing ok much better then when i first posted here.

I found your comments very interesting. I found the Lyme Disease website in Australia and have emailed them about finding a doctor in Victoria.I decided that it can't hurt to have a look. Sometimes I just get sick of being sick. I try to remain positive, but as I'm sure you know it can get so hard. I just try to remind myself about all the good stuff around me. I can still work, I like my job, have a great husband, two great kids and some of the best friends that a person could have. I hope you do well on the new treatment and I would be interested to hear how it goes.

Remember it is just like eating an elephant; one piece at a time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carpediem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #21954 by Carpediem
Carpediem replied the topic: Fibromyalgia
Hey Little Buddy

Please message me i can get you connected with a victoria lyme group on facebook and they will be able to advise which lyme doc is the best to see. I think if you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia it is wise to rule out Lyme disease. testing is not accurate you have to pay over $1000 to get the proper testing done i can give you all the info just message me i don't know if i am allowed to share anything publicly

More
3 years 4 months ago #21980 by Little Buddy
Little Buddy replied the topic: Fibromyalgia
Hi Carpedium. I tried to msg u, but not sure I got it right. Might be best for u to message me any info u may have. Thanks

Remember it is just like eating an elephant; one piece at a time!

• Carpediem
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #21983 by Carpediem
Carpediem replied the topic: Fibromyalgia
hey your message worked so as a test i sent you a private message back

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153