Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

don't know what to do anymore! help

More
3 years 1 month ago #22137 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: don't know what to do anymore! help
Hi again, I steered away from meds in the beginning but I believe that was to my detriment because it was lots of stress to be in pain and have no pain relief and that could be one of the causes why I'm in ongoing horrific pain now I believe.

I was a person who thought NOPE not taking pain killers (stubborn) but I soon learn't I couldn't function without them.

One of my old friends contacts me recently because a mutual friend passed away in a plane crash and I said to her I'm in pain all the time and she said lots of people are in pain.....and then I knew it was no use explaining my pain to her. I'm not just in pain I have chronic debilitating 24/7 ( no relief, well some relief, pain killers just take the edge off it) never ending pain. It's with me 24/7 so sleep is near impossible. Last night I went to bed at 4.30am and debilitating pain woke me up again at 6.30am...it's crazy!!!

I don't know the answer, well actually I do but it's an expensive one...a spinal nerve stimulator!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #22138 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: don't know what to do anymore! help
Hi again, yes, I exercise but it actually makes me feel worse but I do it so I can continue to walk!

I'm a water baby so my exercise is always in the water. I need to get back to it because I haven't been doing much of that lately because it's easy to fall into depression and just stay at home! And because I don't sleep I need afternoon naps (don't sleep tho, just lay there feeling the pain running around my legs and now arms).

I used to be a really active person before this injury!

• yazz16
  • yazz16's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 1 month ago #22139 by yazz16
yazz16 replied the topic: don't know what to do anymore! help
oh wow really! i just thought pain killers mask the main but not really help it ease in the log run. oh no thats not good to hear, i know exactly how you feel i say the same thing to my family and they say its all in my head.... it must be hard for you to have energy throughout the day if your not getting any sleep!. the last couple of nights i haven't been able to have consistent sleep so i started taking pain killers. see how i go!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153