Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

I need some help please

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #22885 by illeatyu
illeatyu created the topic: I need some help please
I am looking for a Chronic Pain support Group or A Depression Support Group somewhere around Penrith in NSW, I need to be able to go somewhere and talk about what is happening in my life and in my Head with people who understand.

Thanks

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
2 years 10 months ago #22886 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: I need some help please
Mate, try looking these people up, because they are the only ones who have any kind of support group data base: www.painmanagement.org.au/

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

More
2 years 10 months ago #22893 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: I need some help please
Hi Illyatyu

Peter has given you the pain data base who I believe provide these boards.

If you want some support for Depression as separated from pain, try your local council/shire for local men's group, there is a Government initiative aimed specifically for men, maybe you will find this through you local Member of Parliament or Mental Health Service. Suggesting you contact a Mental Health Service does not mean you are a 'nutter,' or 'crazy,' you want help for Depression, and they are the people to ask.

A Mental Health GP Plan can provide subsidy and limited sessions with a clinical psychologist. You need to make an appointment for this purpose with your GP to get a referal. It helps to have a Psychologist in mind (checked out location, if registered for this scheme, and fees) in advance. Unfortunately to find something that combines chronic pain and depression will be a challenge. The NSW ParaQuad Association might be able to help with this.

It will take a few phone calls, but I hope you find what you are looking for.
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153