Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Unexplained Chronic pain

More
2 years 11 months ago #23017 by illeatyu
illeatyu replied the topic: Unexplained Chronic pain
Hi Pran,

I'm sorry but no, the diagnosis is from the referred pain, and the type and intensity, so basically the way it presents like burning heals, but if you stick a pin in I don't feel it that sort of stuff.

And as the joint is degenerating it gets worse as I get older, at some point I will have to have surgery regardless of the cost and outcome because the pain will have become intolerable, but for now I cycle my meds and hang on.

Hey Don, mate do you have any info on the Spinal Stimulator I was thinking about that the other day but I don't know a lot about how they work or even if it would help, but I figured I could show my Doc and see what he thinks, what was the recovery time if you don't mind me asking ?

Illeatyu

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #23018 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Unexplained Chronic pain
Hi Illeatyu,
If you go to this website www.medtronic.com.au/our-therapies/neuro...conditions/index.htm you can look at the information on here, this is the company that supplied my stim through the public hospital system, the surgeon who implanted it, does it for this company for both private and public patients, the technicians who program the stim for you are very dedicated and will bend over backwards to help, I was given her mobile no in case I had problems or needed it reprograming, the appointment for this happened the next day.
Don't expect them to remove all your pain, when the area it has to cover, like in my case from the middle of my back to the toes, some places it just barley touches, like just misses all my back pain, it also doesn't stop bad flare ups, you can turn it up to cover it, the stimulation becomes uncomfortable, like have a tens unit on flat out, all in all it is better that the pain I use to have to put up with, as I have posted before at least I get some sleep now, after 3 years of virtually having none while being on sleeping tablets.

Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153