Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Dental Implants - Is it painful?

• RebeccaSmith
  • RebeccaSmith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 5 months ago #24191 by RebeccaSmith
RebeccaSmith created the topic: Dental Implants - Is it painful?
Hi all, has anyone here had dental implants? Visiting dental clinic is a nightmare to me. But I've have finally made an appointment to get an implant for a molar that has been missing for years. A friend of mine who lives in Burlington got her implants recently from Mount Royal Clinic in her locality. She says it wasn't painful. Anyone here had implants? How was your experience then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #26607 by Leashane
Leashane replied the topic: Dental Implants - Is it painful?

RebeccaSmith wrote: Hi all, has anyone here had dental implants? Visiting dental clinic is a nightmare to me. But I've have finally made an appointment to get an implant for a molar that has been missing for years. A friend of mine who lives in Burlington got her implants recently from Mount Royal Clinic in her locality. She says it wasn't painful. Anyone here had implants? How was your experience then?

Hello RebeccaSmith,

I've tried the dental implants in my upper front teeth actually, it's really hurt after the anesthesia expired.
my dentist had the advice to avoid drinking hot or eating hard food for the first 3 weeks.
After 1 month, I no longer feel the titanium, it feels like, I still have my original teeth.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
1 year 7 months ago #26608 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Dental Implants - Is it painful?
Hi Guys,

We don't normally have people with dental issues come here to post about their experiences. You are most welcome to do this, but just be careful you don't breach our rules by posting any information about the clinics or the dentists involved. Saying where you went for the treatment is okay, but no more than that.

Please look around and see if there is anything else on our forum that can be of assistance to you.

Regards,

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leashane

More
1 year 7 months ago #26625 by Leashane
Leashane replied the topic: Dental Implants - Is it painful?
Hello! Peter,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

More
1 year 6 months ago #26702 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Dental Implants - Is it painful?
Hi all,

I do know that with some medication pain,anti inflams and some other can cause teeth grinding which can deteriorate your teeth which can cause tooth decay due to the grinding.

Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153