Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Anesthetic Injections

More
2 years 6 months ago #24332 by Aufinga
Aufinga replied the topic: workers compensation
If you want to start something up to help and guide people through the workers compensation system....i would gladly help you in anyway i can. I have been through the system a number go times...and it is amazing what people don't know about their rights. It sickens me to hear what insurance companies try to get away with. i myself have taken 2 insurance companies to the W/C tribunal and won.
Neil Foster (aufinga)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
2 years 6 months ago #24333 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: workers compensation
That's good of you to offer Neil. But we just need to be very careful how this is handled and that our members don't end up in worse trouble, which I'm sure you know can easily happen with this Pit Bull of a govt dept.

And also, don't discuss anything on this topic on the forum. Not that we have a rule against or anything, but mostly for the safety of those who are still under the WC control. They actually look at sites such as this and if you say the wrong thing, they will cut you off.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
2 years 6 months ago #24334 by Aufinga
Aufinga replied the topic: Anesthetic Injections
i recently had a cortisone injection into the L3/L4 nerve root. i have a morbid fear of needles like you would not believe. i had it done under a ct scan with anaesthetic needles as they went deeper. The relief was immediate, as soon as i stood up i was in zero pain. A month later i am now in more pain than ever before, and popping mind blowing pain killers. Being in the public health system i have to wait till my number comes up before anything else will be done.

neil

More
2 years 6 months ago #24335 by Aufinga
Aufinga replied the topic: workers compensation
i understand your concerns in regards to discussing sensitive issues. If you are in the W/C system you are more than likely also with an insurer. Insurers have specific guidelines that they have to abide to. The Workers Compensation Board in your relative state are supposed to be unbiased and work on behalf of the insured and the insurer. They (being insurance companies) cannot by law cut you off for voicing ones opinion. I am not a lawyer. But i have had three major claims, my wife has had one. i have taken insurance companies to the tribunal, and won my case. Insurers will walk all over you, if you don't know your rights...and so many people don't.
It sickens me to hear that not only do we have to deal with pain and the affects it has on our lives but have to deal with the stresses from insurance companies.

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
2 years 6 months ago #24339 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: workers compensation
Neil, it is good for you that you were able to secure a victory, but many others will not. There has been a case where a member of ours either lost or almost lost her insurance and being cut off by WC, purely for venting here on this forum.

Regardless of what you say about the law, the govt and the insurers will continue to do as they see fit. It is a very foolish thing to do, in venting about WC or the insurance companies on an open public forum such as this.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153