Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Not sure what it is but it hurts

• illeatyu
  • illeatyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #27196 by illeatyu
illeatyu replied the topic: Not sure what it is but it hurts
Thanks Harpy,

I haven't looked into Fibro Maybe its time to have a look.

And OH MY GOD yes I cant talk on the phone because of the pain, I end up on speaker lying next to it.

Ricky

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harpy
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #27203 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Not sure what it is but it hurts
Hey Ricky
Just another pain, if your lucky enough to get some sleep no matter where you arms are, wether laying straight or bent do you get woken buy the totally worse pain in elbows, but when you go to move them you can't , it's like there paralysed and when you can finally move them apart from the pain it's totally pins and needles.
Silly thing is the hips and knees do the same.
Stupid body
Chin up
Harpy

More
1 year 2 months ago #27273 by Johnno
Johnno replied the topic: Not sure what it is but it hurts
Hey mate,

I had tennis elbow and golfers elbow both elbows I had been on anti inflams for four years , one day my right arm went numb ,I thought freakin heart attack and got to my GP toot sweet he said don't panic and sent me to a neurosurgeon who did an MRI and injected cortisone into C5/6 disc I had pain relief for about a month , I wasn't happy with the frivolous way the nuerosurgeon was and I asked to see another and this one said weeeeellll we could operate if you want but it's up to you ,I got up walked out paid the bill and didn't go back .
Soback to the GP again and I said can you refer me to the surgeon you suggested first ,initially I had called her office and they were six months just to see her , this time around her PA called my doc. and then called me back within an hour and I had an appointment within a week ,took my MRI with me she looked at it and said" oh shit " and did an order for full neck flexion x-ray,full spinal MRI and a full spine CT with radiation I went back two weeks later after having the scans she took one look and said "I have a vacancy in 9 days time be at Greenslopes hospital at 0700 "" I said hold on a minute what are my options" she said "surgery or quadriplegic"" your choice" the disc at C5/6 was in pieces and cutting into my spinal cord and my medial nerve was pinched ( both arms/sides).
We'll post op. first thing I noticed was no tennis elbow.
Not saying that this is your problem but it could be worth asking

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153