Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Start Of Chronic Pain?

• KTF
  • KTF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #28089 by KTF
KTF replied the topic: Start Of Chronic Pain?
Sorry. My mistake. I misread neurosurgeon as neurologist. I'll mention it to my GP but doubt anything will come of it yet. I can push for a referral in January when my health insurance limits roll over so I can cover it if I need to.

I have been a bit of a hypochondriac within the last few months after major chest pains. It wasn't a heart attack but a big nerve cluster near the heart which went haywire. Since then every twitch or spasm I have Googled extensively which is never a good idea. I've seen 5 GPs (including my current one & also the one who is my acupuncturist), an osteotherapist, a myotherapist, a chiropractor & my current physiotherapist. On top of this I paid for my own MRI & have had several CT scans & full spinal x-rays completed. All have said the same thing that my back issue is muscular. My spine is undamaged, discs show no signs of impingement & just have a slight lean to one side which has occurred over decades.

My arm issue is never really pain. It occasionally feels numb in my forearm & I get get intermittent pins & needles in a few of my fingers. It occurs a lot less than it used to when it was a daily occurrence for many hours. It is probably a pinched peripheral nerve according to my physiotherapist & GP which should improve over time with exercise.

My back issues & sciatica are all related to my initial upper back injury.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153