Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Chris

• Robbo
  • Robbo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #28553 by Robbo
Robbo created the topic: Chris
Hi I have a herniated disc on c6 an t1 I had a 9 out of 10 on pain scale with pain behind my left shoulder blade an radiating down my left arm an tingling an numbness in my fingers an weakness , I was taking endone for the pain an still working as a Concreter as I have no insurance . I found a Chinese massage guy who got rid of all my pain except I still have numbness in little finger an weakness in hand do you think this will eventually go away on its own as the nerve obviously hasn’t healed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #28562 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Chris
For your sake Robbo,
I hope it goes away for you and it’s not just temporary relief.
I herniated C4/C5,C6 in a car accident when I was rear ended st at set of red lights. Just over 6 years later C3 has herniated on its own and my neck is calcifying itself fused.
I received intensive physio within 4 days of accident and very regular the next 6 years.
I have all your symptoms plus.
Is there any way you can lighten your loads so your not lifting those weights? It won’t be doing you any favours in the long term.
Good luck
Take care
Harpy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbo

• Robbo
  • Robbo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #28568 by Robbo
Robbo replied the topic: Chris
So you didn’t end up having surgery ? That sounds pretty bad . I am supposed to go back to the orthopaedic surgeon next week but as I am pain free apart from the weakness in my hand I hope my hand recovers in time otherwise I will be up for another 1000 bucks With flights days of work etc An from what research I have done surgery doesn’t always go that well an you can end up worse

More
2 months 1 week ago #28569 by Harpy
Harpy replied the topic: Chris
No , no surgery for me, my choice, I was given all the pros and cons by a great neurosurgeon and seeing my nerves are already damaged the pain will remain. So wasn’t going through that for nothing and nature fusing it any ways. Surgery will happen eventually once I start to lose the use if my hands and have exhausted all the osteopath treatments, ect stops relief. But for now I can still type and hold a cuppa.
Good luck , I hope your hand gains its strength back.
Keep us posted on how you go,
Take care
Harpy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbo

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153