Back problems and ongoing pain

• DCAU
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #29301 by DCAU
Replied by DCAU on topic Back problems and ongoing pain
Hi Rosco23 - sorry to hear about the pain you're going through, as well as the insomnia.

I've been through the insomnia patch with other medication, and it makes life incredibly harder. :-(

It does look as though insomnia is one side effect of Jurnista. It makes life a bit difficult when doctors are informed of problems and can't provide alternatives (or worse still, choose to ignore those problems).

I had a very similar experience to you with my old Doctor when I told him about the side effects I'd experienced with Lyrica, he effectively said, "Well, I've not heard of that happening. I can't do anything for you then".

I dropped him as my doctor soon after that, but my experiences with other doctors since then have varied (trying to find a doctor that *truly* understands back pain has been nigh on impossible).

My only advice would be look around on a few different forums and see what other peoples experiences have been on Jurnista. There are a few mentions of Jurnista on this forum, but they didn't offer too much in the way of information. :-(

Jurnista does go by a few different names, so it may be possible to find out some alternatives by searching for those other names.

There are a few back pain specific forums out there which may also be of help.

I'm not sure if I can recommend them or not, but if you search for spine health, you may find some useful forums.

Cheers,
Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #29305 by Johnno
Replied by Johnno on topic Back problems and ongoing pain
Hey Rosco,
Where abouts do you live as there are some great pain physicians out there who can help, if you contact a hospital that does pain management courses they should be able to give you some names .
Just a quick lookup on Jurnista it seems to be the same/similar to Oxycodone which being a opioid your Dr would be a bit dubious about you going on it either a higher dose or for a longer time my pain physician recommended Panadol osteo 665mg as it is
“A”over the counter dispensed
“B” a non opioid pain relief medication
Ask your Dr for a non opioid sleep medication he is sure to know a few, you say your sleep pattern is a bit disrupted ,mine was as well until we ( my (Dr and I) worked out what to take to help sleep patterns (unfortunately chronic pain requires sleep to heal) I tend to have a nanny nap or two during the day and become almost comatose at night .
Have you had a sleep apnoea test done as medication can also cause this and a CPAP machine could be the answer.
Hope this helps
Johnno

as long as I wake up alive I'm happy
Because it could be worse

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #29344 by Brianw1
Replied by Brianw1 on topic Back problems and ongoing pain
Back pain is something that I have suffered from for years. Personally I tried to go the natural route and fix my back pain without medication. My back pain wasn't bad enough that I needed to get medication (although I wanted too). I used stretching and exercises to drastically reduce my back pain. If you haven't tried any stretching then I would recommend to watch .............................. give the stretches a try for a week or 2. It has made a huge difference in my life. Good luck!
Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Johnno. Reason: We have to be careful when posting exercises on the forum as on some could it cause major back issues it would be best their Physio suggest exercise

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds