Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

National Pain Week 2013

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
4 years 11 months ago #16794 by Peter
Peter created the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Hi Everyone,

Please follow link to the National Pain Week website: www.nationalpainweek.org.au/index.php
We are planning on having some great 'virtual activities' for you to be involved in this year.

More news will be added to this category soon!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #16795 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Please everyone sign up to this site and sign the petition to Parliament, we need 10,000 signatures as a minimum, the more we get the better the voice.

Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter

• Sassycree
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #17125 by Sassycree
Sassycree replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Hi Don and Peter,
I just wanted to say thankyou I received the two Media Packs that I requested for National Pain week and have distributed the posters and flyers to the Doctors Surgeries, Hospital, Chemist, Aged Care Home, Supermarket and Community Notice Board. I also gave talks explaining CPA and NPW to a few local groups and have got the petition making its way around town, which I'll post back on Monday morning. I hope that will help, if there is ever anything I can do around my town Braidwood NSW please keep me in mind.

My doctor has asked me if I would be interested in starting a support group for people in our town with Chronic Pain because I'm always telling him about CPA and the work that you do. I worked within the health industry for quite a few years before I was struck with my disability, although I'm not a health professional. I want to run it as a uplifting social group as I have become very isolated, along with many others in town, but would also like to incorporate the latest news, links and resources that people might find helpful. Do you have any ideas about what I should do in the group or tell me who I could speak to about this I'd really appreciate it.

Sarah Cree :-)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Sassycree. Reason: I dont really know who to direct this message too, sorry!

More
4 years 10 months ago #17129 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Sarah that depends on what you want to achieve from running the group, as you know most with CP feel alienated from society, so just having a place where Cper's can come sit have a cuppa and a chat with like minded people makes a big difference, have support material displayed gives them the opportunity to make a move, if they have not done before hand.
You could also run regular meditation groups, or craft days to get them motivated and use it as a distraction from pain,
ask the girls on our facebook page, I think they run groups.
Keep up the good work promoting CPA and chronic pain, for we are our own voice, so it is up to us to get the message out there.

Don

• Sassycree
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #17130 by Sassycree
Sassycree replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Yer just getting together to have a cuppa and a chat to get out of the four walls if people are able would be fun. I also thought other people have ideas so maybe just take it as it comes but I will have a look at the facebook page. Thankyou very much for your help I will get used to the forum and where to post things ha ha. I hope you have a good day :-)

More
4 years 10 months ago #17131 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Hi Sara, an thank you for your help with NPW and your support here. I can't really add anything to what Don has said. The only other thing that I can think of is that some support groups organize an occasional speaker for a bit of variety. The speaker may be a person who can speak about chronic pain or it may be some other interest that the group has.

I think a starting point would be just what Don has said; a place fro CPers to meet and chat. That in itself reduces the feeling of isolation which in turn can often reduce pain levels. People tend to become very isolated and it is easy to think that you are the only person with such a horrible thing to cope with.

Keep us posted as to how you are going and let us know if you need any help!

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153