Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

National Pain Week 2013

• Sassycree
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #17133 by Sassycree
Sassycree replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Thankyou very much for you thoughts about the quest speaker Mary, I'm really looking forward to the first group and I will keep you posted on how its going.

Sarah :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #17180 by Florrie
Florrie replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
A warm welcome to this fabulous group Sarah. You certainly have a lot of daily challenges, you poor lady.

I just wanted to let you know that another lady and I got together through CPA and began a support group last year. You are really fortunate to have support from your GP. We meet on the first Wednesday of each month where morning tea is provided. We have exhausted our own resources of guest speakers; we have had a pharmacist, a GP whom practices hypnotherapy, two physio's on separate occasions and someone whom practices neuroplacisity. Most of the people whom come along value the friendship and most of all the understanding. I have handed out some papers found on this website and other pain related websites, which our members have loved. We also encourage our members to join CPA.

We set out some rules for everyone to abide by and have a mission statement. Feel free to PM me if you would like further info.

Once again, welcome Sarah. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sassycree, Wendles

More
4 years 10 months ago #17183 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Hi Florrie,

This is fantastic work, especially from someone who has so much to cope with. I am sure that the support, friendship and camaraderie that your group experiences is invaluable.

Guest speaker programs can be hard to sustain on a regular basis because everyone runs out of ideas and speakers sometimes don't want to travel long distances. I am sure that you will have more in the future.

Best of luck with it, it sounds terrific.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Florrie

• Sassycree
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 10 months ago #17185 by Sassycree
Sassycree replied the topic: National Pain Week 2013
Hi Florrie

Thankyou very much for your message :) Awwh it would be really good to talk to you about setting up the group! I will PM you I just thought I would write a quick note in case I get it wrong and to let you know I would appreciate any advise you could give me.

Sarah x

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153