Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

pain clinic

More
5 years 5 months ago #10979 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Re: pain clinic
Hi Alex,

I have just realized your location! There is a pain management course that will be run at the Modbury GP plus clinic in February. It is a 2.5 hour/week course and it runs for 2 weeks. It is designed as a "starting point" for people who are coping with physical and emotional pain and it will definitely give you some tools for pain management. It will help you to get more benefit from the pain clinic when you are able to get in there as wll. I am not sure of the charges, but I don't believe that it is very expensive. The people who will be running the course have over 20 years experience in chronic condition and pain management.

There is a web link here:

leapsa.net.au/course-dates-2013/

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #10980 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Re: pain clinic
Mary thought you might know of a course that is running close to Alex, I did mention it when he first logged on, apparently this must have slipped by, Modbrury is just down the road from where he lives, it will get him started.

Don

More
5 years 5 months ago #10981 by Mary
Don, I have actually sat through the first of these courses and I would highly recommend it. It is being conducted by the same people who will be updating me (and other facilitators) in the Stanford Chronic Condition Self-Management program on Monday. So yes, I do know the people concerned very well and they are a very dynamic team :)

Mary

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: alex60photo

More
5 years 5 months ago #11000 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: Re: pain clinic
I feel for you, I have just been told my pain clinic is 6 months away. Oh well they just have to keep me alive and kicking till then :lol: There really must be alot of us CP sufferers out there is there is such a long wait.
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

• alex60photo
  • alex60photo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • alex60photo
More
5 years 5 months ago #11013 by alex60photo
alex60photo replied the topic: Re: pain clinic
Thanks for that i did miss it some how do you have a contact point for this or is the Modbury Hospital?
Alex.

Irritable Bowel Sydrome ,Chronic Back Pain,.Depression,Anaemia,Major Nightmares everynight,Hyperlipidaemmia,Excision neoplasm,Asthma, Snoring,Osteoarthritis,Neck pain blow to the head,Spinal Fusion, coccyx removed,Uvuloplatoplasty,Carpat tunnel release,Cystoscopy x3, Colonoscopy.

More
5 years 5 months ago #11014 by Mary
Alex, if you look at the post I put up, there is a link to the organization in it and there you will find the names of the people to contact. They will be out all day tomorrow, so Tuesday might be a good time. Evenings are probably ok too.

Mary

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153