Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #12798 by di
di replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
Well, I rang the lovely lady at the Gold Coast. There is absolutely nothing on the north of Brisbane that she knows of. :(

It's beyond all logic for me that a major city has such a gaping hole in the care, rehab and management of CP sufferers that reside in it's major growth and development areas.

I've contacted a clinic in Noosa. Their programme is usually 2 weeks Mon-Frid. That's just a bit too intense for me I think. The man I spoke with said I may be better doing a few days a week over 4-6 weeks instead.
It's all about distance and travel for me. I'd need to stay with my mum!!! :dry:

Here's the details;
www.noosahospital.com.au/Our-Services/do...ices%20DL%200710.pdf

I'd be interested in your opinions please.
Di
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by di. Reason: Link didn't work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #12801 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
Di country people are always being left out because of distance and that is a real shame, these courses are proven to help people with chronic pain, mine was run over 9 weeks and only one session a week of 3 hrs, I can see how this poses a big problem when distance is involved and it is not just the cost, there is the big thing that prevents us in the first place pain.
Do you have a rail service that runs close to and your mother if so it may only mean staying at your mothers one or 2 nights every week until the course is finished rather than staying with her the whole time, last thing you want is to tread on each others toes after just getting back to talking.

Don

More
5 years 7 months ago #12803 by di
Hi Don :) ,

No, unfortunately the closest train to Noosa is Nambour which is 3/4 hour and we don't have a train in Redcliffe.... yet!

I'm about to ring the Royal Brisbane to see if they'll do private patient bookings... I'll be back soon. :)

• Mary
  • Mary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #12805 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
Hi Di,

That program does look good. I would say it would be worthwhile if you can overcome the distance problem. However, if staying with your Mum is going to cause a lot of stress, then that may mean you won't get the full benefit from the program.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
5 years 7 months ago #12819 by di
Thanks again Mary for all the great information you've put up on the forum. ♥

Yes, I agree the Noosa course looks good but I would much prefer to be in my own home each night if possible. :)
I don't think staying with up in Noosa for any extended period is an option I'd be wise to consider at this early stage of the peace!

I rang the Royal Brisbane Hospital. They have a system where you send in your referral, they assess it and place you in the waiting list according to their determination of your urgency. Although the lass I spoke with wouldn't commit to any time frame, I was told by another person that the RBH waiting list is over 18 months.

The RBH is the closest to me which is 35km away into Brisbane City.

I'll at least get the referral in and be in the system I think is my best option until I can find a better solution or closer clinic.

Di :)

• Mary
  • Mary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #12822 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
That sounds like a good plan Di. I am not sure if it would make any difference if you sent in a letter from you GP with your application. It may be worth a try.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150