Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #13439 by di
di replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
Mary,

who's responsible for setting the guidelines/modules/requirements, or what ever the correct terminology is, for these pain management programs in the first place?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mary
  • Mary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #13442 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
Hi Di,

The guidelines are set by whoever is running the programs. They may use an established program and tweak it to their needs, or they may develop their own. That's why they vary so much.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 3 weeks ago #13443 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
That is what is so worrying, a few of these groups are started up with hidden agendas to promote the practises way of treatments and there is no one to govern them, it is these type of groups which leave CPer's with a bad impression.
Where ever you have vulnerably people there will always be these types out there to take advantage of them, going through a recognised pain clinic or organisation offering pain management courses is the safest bet, most follow the one model and as Mary said with a few tweaks.

Don

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #13446 by di
di replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.

MaryW wrote: Hi Di,

The guidelines are set by whoever is running the programs. They may use an established program and tweak it to their needs, or they may develop their own. That's why they vary so much.

Mary

Ok, thank Mary.

I found this on the net;
In 2004, NICS' unique program brought together eight high volume cancer hospitals to take part in the first pain management improvement program in Australia.

www.nhmrc.gov.au/nics/nics-programs/comp...nt-program-2004-2006

Is it the NICS - National Health and Medical Research Council that approves the legitimacy or effectiveness of programs being offered to the public?

Di

More
2 years 6 days ago #24614 by dorothypeters
dorothypeters replied the topic: Pain Clinics - Gold Coast and Queensland.
I recently went to the 2 week Persistent Pain Program at The Pain Centre of Excellence on the Gold Coast. My pain obviously hasn't completely gone but it is much better and I feel like I'm living life to the full again. After being in chronic pain for years I was so miserable, but now I finally have my life back. I'm happy and looking forward to the future again and doing the things I want to do. They taught me how to manage my pain and be in control again. The staff were incredible. I would highly recommend it. Here is the link - I hope that many of you in chronic pain get to have an experience like me.

www.thepaincentreofexcellence.com.au

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153