Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course

• di
  • di's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 11 months ago #14992 by di
di replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Thanks for the article link Eliza, I enjoy reading it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: illeatyu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #15013 by illeatyu
illeatyu replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Di

Thank you for the link I have applied, I hope I get a response it would be nice.

Thanks

“All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. And came together to form you, you are unique in the universe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: di

More
4 years 11 months ago #15014 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Gee it would be good if we all get onto it...I know it would make a big difference to our lives...those of us who live in regional areas don't have much options without travelling long distances. I would travel if I was able to get someone to drive me! :cheer:

Hopefully we all get a response to join it.

More
4 years 11 months ago #15032 by kebsa
kebsa replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Eliza, i have been more critical in voicing my frustrations with access to equipment and services and all i have recieived here is support and understanding- its not CP but certainly related issue. Grappers is right that our health system is struggling- i am sad to say that i have witnessed the effects of funding shortfalls not just in my life as a person with disability and CP but also in my life as an RN! But i do think chronic conditions like CP havve the additional issues partly because of funding shortfalls but also because of lack of understanding by the average person about what CP is and how badly it can affect lives.

when it comes to dealing funds for services they are past the point of being bale to consider the effects of CP on or lives to a certain extent- i think they are working on the same kind of system as medical triage- the conditions that are the more lethal more acute will get the bigger cut- with the hope that then the rest the ossues can be dealt with later on but sadly when there is a shortfall it means the rest of the chronc conditions have to take whats left over- thats where our second issue bites us so much - the sheer ignorance by many over the issue of CP- people just do not under stand, then add to it all the negative judgmental stuff when it omes to things like Chronic Back pain. My original leg injury dates back to 1983 but i was terrified of being labled as a chronic pain patient and because of that i did not push for referral to a pain unit and was not referred til about '95 and that was because of the way i had seen patients with chronic pain treated, even by people i general respected- things like if a cp patient had some kind of surgery, not even related to the original pain, they would have orders for pain control and i saw my own colleagues withhold medication well past when it was asked for because "typical chronic pain patient, they need to toughen up" and i experienced this myself. and i am sure you guys have seem or experienced this kind of poor treatment. well, when funds are so scarce om tjhe health system with so many worthwhile groups and conditions in the same kind of situation- this kind of lack of community understanding and support does not help us! But stoically put up with the situation does not help either- so we need to take every chance we can to try to get people to understand- we are not bludger, we are not compo cheats. slip and fall scam artisans or just out and out prescription drug seekers! that we are people with major problems that makes our lives challenging and also has a negative impact on relationships and our loved ones!

so expressing frustration is one of our few options to get the message across, hopefully guests visit and get information, find out about the difficulties in getting access to treatment- (and that does not meant just a prescription for antidepressants etc and little by little we might be able to break down some of the negative stereo types so that we can get some more community support- sadly the days of being able to be patient and be able to be sure that eventually your turn will come are definately over in most of the health system- it is a case of squeaky wheel gets the grease! so i am sure that as long as we are not being defamatory or crossing the lines that may damage our community this is a safe place to voice our frustrations- its better than putting a fist through the wall!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary

• di
  • di's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
4 years 11 months ago #15048 by di
di replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
I just had my telephone interview and I start the course on the 8th of April. I'm very excited. :cheer:

More
4 years 11 months ago #15049 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Well done Di! Not long to wait either. We will all be waiting to hear about the course and how you are going :)

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: di

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153