Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course

More
4 years 11 months ago #14980 by kebsa
kebsa replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
how exciting! i hope you get accepted di and eliza, don't worry if they did not contact you just reapply and i will keep my fingers crossed- these days there is no reason a lot more of this stuff cannot be done over the internet- espcially with live teleconferencing etc and anything that helps more of us get to the pain uit level of care has to be good- hope ou both hear more soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliza, di

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #14985 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Hi Eliza,

No one is going to ban you for stating that there is an unacceptably long waiting time for pain management clinics in Australia. That is a given fact! There also appears to be a very fragmented approach to pain management, with widely differing ideas on what "Pain Management Clinics" should be providing.

There needs to be a coordinated approach to pain management. Apart from the ADAPT program and those that run along those lines, we appear to have the idea that sitting people in a room for a few hours or a couple of days and preaching pain management techniques at them is going to work. It doesn't. The programs need to be highly interactive so that people can learn to self-manage their pain. There are programs out there that fill this need, but very few people are running them. I could waffle on about this for ever, so I will stop now. I do hope that you get in to the online course. I don't know anything about it, but it is worth a try.

Best of luck,

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

More
4 years 11 months ago #14987 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2010/03/11/2842912.htm

Hi Mary of course I knew you wouldn't ban me!

This link from abc health and well being on chronic pain is a good read...I hope it comes up I'm on my iPad laying flat on my back ATM and I've never cut and pasted links before, so I'll see if it works. :cheer:

Yesterday was one of my worst days. After cutting some spinach I drove to the deli 1 Klm with my calf muscles hard as rocks and then I had to wait in queue for about 8 minutes to buy some ricotta and Parmesan cheese omg my back and leg pain was doubling me over so I then drove to my bro's shaking in pain and it took 8 hrs for the pain to settle a little so I could then drive 1 Klm home.... I want to self-manage as you say though learning how to do this and having to live and accomplish everyday tasks is becoming impossible as I try and adapt to the never ending worsening symptoms....I just hope I can retrain my brain because that and the proper medical management seems to be the answer...sorry for the rant its just that yesterday and really today I'm ready to go to a&e .... :(

I just wish there was more Internet support pain courses online or local support groups that one could attend...just my thoughts for today.... :cheer:

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 11 months ago #14988 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Eliza you will not get banned for expressing how you feel about the health system, the only part CPA objects to is when you publicly name Doctors and Institutions as this can result in CPA being sued for defamation of character and loose what little funding we do receive. As long as you stick to those rules you can rant and rave as much as you like, it is common knowledge that the health system in Australia is going backwards, this burden rests solely on who is in Government at the time and the public health system has to try and make do with what they get, you can't blame Hospital, Doctors and Nurses for events they have no control over.
What Mary has stated is what is needed and it is up to the people who suffer CP to campaign for an improvement in this area, supporting CPA and other foundations who deal with CP is one step.

Don

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #14990 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Hi Don,

I would never name blame or shame any dr hospital or institution on a public forum and I have a very good understanding about funding and how it works. NGO'S have to apply for funding by writing submissions and then if accepted they might get it. I fully accept now that chronic pain like the good dr on the links says is a Disease so I wish I could do something to campaign for our rights as individuals and organisations like this forum... You Mary and Peter are helping people who suffer chronic pain tremendously by giving your own time and support to it and us in every way that's possible and I appreciate that. This organisation would get the most funding from me if I was dishing it out.... I hope everyone has a pain-less enjoyable day! ;) :cheer:
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Eliza.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 11 months ago #14991 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: I've applied for eCentreClinic online pain course
Eliza I was just a little concerned you felt you could not speak your mind, this is one place that truly understands what CPer's go through every day and is a place you can let your hair down so to speak.
Your statement disease, there lies the the problem, not all doctors or powers to be are willing to accept that CP is a disease, once it gets that status then ways of treating people and services will change.
Oh and by the way never say sorry for ranting, we get our bad days and it is good to get it off our chests, it is how we feel in that moment and we all understand.

Don

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153