Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Ketamine infusion

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #21827 by vicgirl
vicgirl replied the topic: Ketamine infusion
Oh Yep...save us from the carpark "enforcers" ... I don't have that problem any longer as I'm reliant on a wheelchair out of the house - but my Mum has been ripped into a few times just in the few seconds it takes her to get from the drivers seat to the back of the car to get my chair out. I used to cop it a lot though - I haven't driven in a few years now - but when I did was still on my P's and either used crutches or had a pretty bad limp. But the number of older people especially who would tell me I was "too young" to use a disabled parking space and usually saunter off waving their canes rather than actually using them really gave me the irrits.

Have also been blown apart by mums when I've had to use a pram parking space - which here at least are purely a courtesy thing, and a person with a disabled permit is legally entitled to use them. Anyone would think we do it for the fun of it hey?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #21828 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Ketamine infusion
Hi Guy's,
Disability parking, yes I could tell you a few stories of ignorant passers by, here in SA if you go into the RAA, I am sure other states have the same organisation under different names, you can get stickers to place on side and back windows, which state don't look at the car, look at the disablity permit. As for parking in pram spaces, this is totally legal for a disabled permit holder, as long as the permit is displayed, so go and tell them to jump, there is never enough disabled parking spots at any given time, let alone those who think they can park there without a permit, if you see one take a picture and post it on the facebook page setup to name and shame these people. www.facebook.com/disabledparkingthieves

Don

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #21830 by George
George replied the topic: Ketamine infusion
Lets start a Disabled Parking Stories thread. But on one condition...let's try to make it as funny as possible. :evil: Bwahahahaha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliza

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #21839 by George
George replied the topic: Ketamine infusion
:P So I go to use the Disabled Parking spot at my local Shell petrol station on my was to pick up my son from Gymnastics. I'm feeling like a sweet treat and I LOOOOVE ice cream :woohoo: and when I get there a family van pulls in just as I am about to.
"Fair enough, she got there first" and then I notice there is no 'Special Sticker' displayed and the mum of this tribe of rug rats has pulled to chat on the phone! Seriously!?!

I thought, "enough is enough" so I grab my sticker and go to the drivers window and knock on the glass with my sticker and ask, "Do you have one of these?" I want to give this woman the benefit of the doubt but she just smiles and shakes her head, "no".

So I say, "then please DON'T park here". To her credit she did leave immediately and I did get my spot but why do people do this?

I really suck at making this lighter...sorry friends.

Thanks for the Facebook link. :kiss:

More
3 years 1 week ago #21866 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: Ketamine infusion
Thanks Don, I didn't know I could park in the pram/child spot...

More
3 years 1 week ago #21871 by Mrs S
Mrs S replied the topic: Ketamine infusion
Can i ask from those who have undergone ketamine infusions , is it usually done over a few days in hospital?

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153