Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches

More
3 years 6 months ago #21755 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches
Hi Don,

Did you mean the car park in Frome Street? Hutt Street is further on and i don't think there is a car park there? I have used the Frome Street one, it's just over North Terrace and up the street a little way. Quite handy if you have the council card.

Mary

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #21756 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches
Hi Mary,
Yep, my bad a bit of a brain hemorrhage with the streets.

Don

More
3 years 6 months ago #21757 by fat pete
fat pete replied the topic: Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches
yes don i cant see why i wouldnt be still on there books so ill give them a call...thanyou

More
3 years 3 months ago #22451 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches
Hi

As a South Austrtalian who is keeping in touch with the only 2 public pain clinics in South Australia and Northern Territory, the RAH and FMC, both have had massive funding cuts. I am on both waiting lists and my GP reminds them quarterly..

The waiting lists have blown out to 5 years, so if in the 'system,' stay there, even if you think it is not doing you any good. An annual appointment is all it takes to remain active, and who knows what clinical trials you might qualify for. You have to be an active client of the RAH pain clinic to qualify for the pain management course. If you drop out, you will go back to the bottom of the list as a 'new referral.'

The clinics triage patients, similar to an ED department. Simply, I do not expect to get seen by either clinic.

It has taken blackouts and falls and prioritised with 2yrs waiting to get into RAH Neurology, so I wouldn't be leaving their care in a hurry either.

Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28271 by Franca
Franca replied the topic: Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches
May I ask if the pain management clinic accepts children? My daughter is 14 and has been suffering from migraines 24/7 for the last 19 months. She's also suffered from cluster headaches for 15 months as well as vertigo for about 4 months. Having a second iron infusion as she also suffers from severely low iron. Add major depression, social anxiety and ptsd to the mix.
Pain management clinic was on today tonight and as we've been through everyone and everything but to no avail, was wondering if that's our next step. Any help offered won't be taken lightly.
Thank you

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #28272 by Mary
Mary replied the topic: Pain Clinic SA Migraines/headaches
Hi Franca, the Women's & Children's Hospital has their own pain management clinic for children now. I don't have any more information about it, so maybe give them a call and see what gives. I think you will probably need a referral from your GP, but check first.
All the best!

Not every day is a good day, but there is good in every day.

"“It’s delightful when your imaginations come true, isn’t it?” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnno

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150