Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Tea

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #13704 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem created the topic: Tea
Anyone take chamomile or the like to sleep/relax.i noticed it works,but can produce really vivid dreams that sometimes can cause me to feel unrested in the morning..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 2 weeks ago #13720 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Tea
Oxy I drink herbal teas all the time, not for ant specific purpose, just because I find them refreshing and away of limiting a lot of coffee, I also let them get cold and refrigerate them to drink on hot days, I find licorice tea very good at quenching thirst.

Don

• Peter
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #13740 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Tea
What. Licorice tea!!
Never heard of it. Not even sure if I would like it. Actually, I've never even had green tea, so I can't really speak aye!

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
2 years 9 months ago #22372 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: Tea
Hi

I have discovered Tea Too, T2, it is worth a google. In their stores, they have promotional varieties in jugs and teapots for free trials. You will find many blends of chamilile available.

Some supermarket stores stock a small range of their teas, herbal teas, and tisaines. This is where I have seen liquirice tea, but they have so many different varieties.

Some people say the tea is expensive, and if you compare it to supermarket options, it is more expensive, but I make a pot according to directions and choose varieties that can be drunk hot or cold. I frequently just add another scoop and water to make the teas cost effective. Some varieties you can mix creating a different flavour. I add honey as a sweetener, as their sweeternes are all very nice, but adds to the cost in their upselling. In the summer, slices of fruit can be added with ice to make a refreshing and edible punch.

I find medications dehydrating and need to drink larger than average quantities, and this is a way of doing it without a caffeiene overload and just sitting and drinking a pot of tea with a book can be a distraction to the pain. Although not promoted I have found drinding tisaines has helped with weight loss.

Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

More
2 years 8 months ago #22562 by Kowal
Kowal replied the topic: Tea
I haven't had that experience with Chamomile tea, I've had quite lovely results with it, feeling calm before bed.

In my experience it takes trying different teas to see which ones resonate with you. I've personally been attracted to fresh ginger, cinnamon and clove tea at night after eating, helping the body to digest food! if you love the smell and the taste and it's not too stimulating I'd say go towards those!

Rooibos is lovely and "sleepytime" is quite nice from celestial seasonings.

More
2 years 8 months ago #22569 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: Tea
Hi Peter
There is Black Tea, Green Tea, White Tea and Red Tea, tea blends, herbal teas, tisaines; caffeine and caffeine free tea; faux tea; hydrating tea and dehydrating tea; and regional tea.
They say "oils ain't oils," tea aint tea. Just as there are many different flavours, blends and types of coffee, there is with tea.
Be brave.... go forth and discover.... :) LOL
Marley
(I won't start on chocolate, but there is chocolate tea, and tea infused chocolate!)

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
And I get afraid of losing my way
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendles

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153