Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Corydalis Yanhusuo

• guzzler
  • guzzler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 9 months ago #20654 by guzzler
guzzler created the topic: Corydalis Yanhusuo
Hello,

Just inquiring if any of the sufferers of pain of any type has tried Corydalis Yanhusuo? its a root of a plant which has been used in Asia effectively for pain, if anyone has any info and the cheapest place to purchase same i would be extremely grateful, some say it has similar effects for pain relief as morphine but with non of the side effects, also if anyone who has been using same knows of any interactions with any prescribed pain killers etc.

Thanks for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
3 years 9 months ago #20655 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Corydalis Yanhusuo
Hi Guzzler,

I haven't heard of this plant before. How much do you know about this?

You will need to be very careful taking any alternative compounds at the same time as modern type medicines, because some of them have the potential for some very bad reactions.

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• guzzler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 9 months ago #20656 by guzzler
guzzler replied the topic: Corydalis Yanhusuo
Hi

Go to www.tcmaustralia.com.au for more info, the government is taking all my pain meds off me so i am desperate to find an alternative of any kind, and yes i am sensible. Also looking into the marijuana oil.

thanks for your interest and concern

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
3 years 9 months ago #20657 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Corydalis Yanhusuo
Mate, I have had a look, but seriously, you need to go check with your pharmacist and maybe even try to find another GP if that is what it takes, to see if you can keep your medication regime the same or something equivalent.

Plus you should ask about some of these Chinese medicines to see if they will clash with anything else you are taking.

I cannot advise you on what course of action to take and neither can anyone else. We simply can't give out any clinical advice, because we just don't know and that includes the use of alternative or traditional medicines.

Just so you know. Until the govt changes the laws about the use of Marijuana for the relief of pain, there is a ban on discussing this topic on the CPA forum.
The reason is because a year ago we had our forum hijacked by radicals who tried to use it as a political platform to get this drug legalised. They were extremely verbally violent and abusive, and it took a long time to get them off of the forum, because they kept signing up under other names.

So if you don't want posts deleted and your profile banned, then please don't discuss the topic of marijuana anymore.

Thanks for your understanding!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

More
3 years 9 months ago #20658 by brenden_88
brenden_88 replied the topic: Corydalis Yanhusuo
I have been using this for about 3 weeks now. It is very effective and the only side effect is that it makes me extremely sleepy. The issue is not a lot is known about it in terms of dosage and the effects it has on your liver etc.i read somewhere that it has no known interactions with other medications but as I said little is known about it in Western medicine.

• guzzler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 9 months ago #20659 by guzzler
guzzler replied the topic: Corydalis Yanhusuo
Thanks heaps for the positive reply Brendan

appreciate it.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153