Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

R-ALA & Acetyl-L Carnitine for neuropathy pain

• Punk265
  • Punk265's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 years 11 months ago #20936 by Punk265
Punk265 created the topic: R-ALA & Acetyl-L Carnitine for neuropathy pain
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start this thread to see if anyone has had success (or otherwise) using R-ALA (alpha lipoic acid) &/or acetyl-l carnitine supplements for neuropathy pain? I have been doing my research on these two supplements and both have been fairly well linked with the functioning of the nervous system and associated pain disorders. Both of these are naturally occurring in the body, hence being referred to as 'supplements' so I am going to chat to my Gp on Monday to hopefully get the ok to give them a trial.

I'd be interested to hear if you have any feedback and if not, I'll keep everyone posted! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :silly:

Peripheral neuropathy/CRPS/Chronic pain

Keep ticking off the attainable by focussing on the 'Can' rather than the 'Can not' in your day.

It is what it is, tomorrow's a brand new day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #20986 by brenden_88
brenden_88 replied the topic: R-ALA & Acetyl-L Carnitine for neuropathy pain
Hey mate. Let me know how it goes. I haven't heard of these but I might do some research.

Cheers

• Punk265
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 years 11 months ago #21081 by Punk265
Punk265 replied the topic: R-ALA & Acetyl-L Carnitine for neuropathy pain
Hi Brenden,

I hope you were able to find some info on the supplements, if not I can send you some of the links via the message function if you're interested to know anymore.... I just googled for most of the stuff I found! I asked my Gp about taking the supps along with all my meds and she was fine for me to give them a go, so I ordered & started taking them about 3 days ago. I'll keep you posted about results!

Keep ticking off the attainable by focussing on the 'Can' rather than the 'Can not' in your day.

More
3 years 1 month ago #22785 by kathrynjane
kathrynjane replied the topic: R-ALA & Acetyl-L Carnitine for neuropathy pain
Hi Just wanting to know if you found any positives out of the supplements?

• Punk265
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 years 2 weeks ago #22979 by Punk265
Punk265 replied the topic: R-ALA & Acetyl-L Carnitine for neuropathy pain
Hi Kathryn, sorry about the delay in response - I haven't been on the forum for a while. I used the supps for a while, but I didn't find much relief from them at the time, although I have been considering giving them another go now I'm more settled in my condition. I brought through a local company rather than the expensive online stores as I wanted to know I was getting genuine product (I'm a bit skeptical of some companies and their 'supps'). I am a member of another forum and a fellow member has recently started using these supps and has reported very positive effects, so if you're open to alternative treatments and your GP has approved you to try them - I'd definitely give it some consideration.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150