Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

COLD LASER THERAPY.

• asiana88
  • asiana88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 9 months ago #22920 by asiana88
asiana88 created the topic: COLD LASER THERAPY.
Has anyone had Cold Laser Therapy for chronic pain issues ? Have only recently found out about it and would love some feedback.
Prolotherapy I know is mentioned elsewhere, but it's amazing that none of the Private Health funds recognise either of these treatments - if NASA use Cold Laser therapy on their astronauts on their return from a space trip to treat lymphodema etc, surely it has some credibility ?
Plus it has been around in one form or another since the early 1900's, was used to treat soldiers on their return from WW2 etc, etc.
I thought we were living in the 21st century !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #23131 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: COLD LASER THERAPY.
Hi asiana88
I have heard lots of publicity about Cold Laser Therapy, but as yet only found out it is extrememy expensive. I thank you for posting this because there may be somebody in cyberspace who knows more or has given it a try.
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
Oh oh the night comes down
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #23141 by john01
john01 replied the topic: COLD LASER THERAPY.
I think FDA has approved some cold lasers to be used for treatment of lymphoedema.
In terms of costs, it depends on how you define what's expensive and what's cheap.

Example one:
You run your own business, and you can't work because of back pain after you pulled your back muscles. You don't want to have cold laser treatment simply because it's not covered by Medicare. So you stay home for three weeks until it settles by itself. If your income is $200/day. Three weeks off work costs you $3000.

If you have cold laser therap which helps you return to work in two weeks and costs you $400 (four sessions)(not rebatable), your total loss is reduced to $2400. So you are $600 better off.

Example two:
You run your own business, and you can't work because of back pain after you pulled your back muscles. You chose physiotherapy because you can get rebates from private health fund. So you stay home for three weeks and have four sessions of physiotherapy. You pay $70 / session and your rebate is $30 (out of pocket $40/session). After three weeks, the pain persists.

If your income is $200/day. Three weeks off work costs you $3000. And the total out of pocket for physio is $160. So the total loss is $3160.

If you have cold laser therap which helps you return to work in two weeks and costs you $400 (not rebatable), you will be $760 ($600 + $160) better off. So, laser is not necessarily more expensive than physio.

I had laser for my back pain a couple months ago. I also had laser for my shoulder recently (I didn't bother to see a physio as I had bad experience)

back pain / bulging disc
90% of pain gone after having both acupuncture and laser therapy while visiting my family in Brisbane (Thanks for the suggestions from the people here)
stay positive, be strong, never give up hope.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by john01.

More
1 year 11 months ago #25293 by Kaydet
Kaydet replied the topic: COLD LASER THERAPY.
Hi guys, I'm a chronic migraine sufferer. Is this applicable to migraine as well?Thank you :)

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153