Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Back pain and chiropractic treatment

• Henryon46
  • Henryon46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #24079 by Henryon46
Henryon46 created the topic: Back pain and chiropractic treatment
I have been doing a lot more physical labor in my house and also the cold weather is affecting my body very badly. I have been experiencing severe pain in my back which has made me very difficult to lay down. A friend of mine [link removed by moderator] suggested the chiropractic adjustment treatment in [ Removed by moderator ]. But I have never been to a chiropractor before. I would really like to hear from those who see them on a regular basis. And also the results you people are getting from it. Thanks!!
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Peter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #24132 by arjay
arjay replied the topic: Back pain and chiropractic treatment
Hi Henryon46.

Myself I am a little sceptical about chiros but my brother ,his Wife , daughters and numerous other family members seem to think it does them good

and they have to pay out of their own pocket. So obviously they believe their getting benefit from the treatment.

My only query is that my brother has been going for 40 years or more. but of course I am only a relative who doesnt know any better.

Fred My Goldfish tends to agree with them also have you tried hydrotherapy originally called swimming, my goldfish seem to think its good for us.

I think its like a lot of things try it and see if it makes it worse stop if it helps continue

We are a ,lot like cars overstressed we break down taking it easy we last longer.

Best of luck Fred and Arjay
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by arjay.

More
2 years 5 months ago #24698 by Garycl
Garycl replied the topic: Back pain and chiropractic treatment
Sorry, we can’t guarantee about any practice/or therapy to anyone here, except sharing our own experiences and knowledge. Many believe chiropractic is a curious mixture of science and pseudoscience, sense and nonsense. If you are considering including chiropractic care in your pain management plan, you should first talk to your doctor, family, and friends to get referrals for good chiropractic care. Make sure you make a note of your history like pattern of pain, specific point or positions where it pains more, family history and past medical history.
Another important thing is to be patient with your care as it can take weeks and sometimes months of treatment to improve and correct. One of my friends who did this kind of treatment continued for almost 9 months before he could observe some pain relief.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150