Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet

• MaggieJ
  • MaggieJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #24941 by MaggieJ
MaggieJ created the topic: Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet
Having struggled with osteoarthritis, and, wanting to reduce the intake of pharmaceutical medications, I have recently started using a fantastic herbal alternative that contain the plant extracts Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia Catechu. It does not contain any dairy, egg, gluten, lactose, nuts, sugar, wheat, yeast, artificial colouring or flavorings. It has definitely helped my joints but I'm wondering if I can do more.

Which has got me thinking about general diet. What are peoples thoughts and personal experiences on eliminating certain foods that may or may not aggravate soft tissue inflammation? I am a caffeine fiend and have been told to reduce or stop this but have also been told this is not the case. I can't say I've noticed a difference when I've stopped. What have others found please? Also, what about other food stuffs such as diary, sugar, gluten, vegan diet? Thanks in advance. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • peter.gregory@chronicpainaustralia.org.au
More
1 year 10 months ago #24947 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet
Hi Maggie J,

Welcome to the CPA Forum!

I have to say that the only thing I have found that has given me any relief from painful feet, knees and hips, is exercise. Doesn't help my throbbing knuckles though.
I joined the Heart Moves class at the gym last year. I had so much pain in my knees I found it very hard to walk most days. But after being there for a short time, they started to improve. I think the weight bearing and exercises has been a much needed thing.

So I guess that some of our joint pain is from under use or not being used enough.

I do know that my joint pain goes up if I eat wheat products and too much tomato products. So I try to stay away from them. The main carb I eat now is corn, which seems to sit reasonably well in my gut without blowing my IBS belly up too much. Outside of that, the only foods I eat come from the fruit and veg section at the supermarket and meat from the local butchers. I cook everything and don't eat prepared foods, except that is for shaved salamis that I like to have occasionally with some soft cheese and rice bread/cracker thingies.

The main food I eat for lunch is tuna. Love the stuff!

Peter

I wish the ring (this Chronic Pain) had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. (Frodo Baggins)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us. (Gandalf the Grey)

• MaggieJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #24948 by MaggieJ
MaggieJ replied the topic: Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet
Thanks so much Peter. I appreciate the post. :)

That is very interesting to hear your experiences with wheat and tomato products. I had thought of them (tomatoes) due to their acidity and wondered about their effect/s.

I have got hold of a treadmill and am trying to be consistent using this. It has definitely helped mobility as well.

I too am also trying to eat much less prepared foods to avoid preservatives and buy/cook everything fresh. Cheeses are a weakness as well! :(

More
1 year 8 months ago #25294 by Kaydet
Kaydet replied the topic: Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet
Hi Maggie,

I'm a chronic pain sufferer too and Tumeric helps me a lot :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaggieJ

• MaggieJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 8 months ago #25297 by MaggieJ
MaggieJ replied the topic: Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet
Thanks Kaydet :) In what form do you take the Turmeric please? Tablets or powder? I tried the powdered form with various additives (eg: honey) and it was AWFUL. LOL!

More
1 year 8 months ago #25306 by Kaydet
Kaydet replied the topic: Herbal Joint Relief and removing foods from diet
Hi Maggie,

I bought Tumeric in capsule form :) Hehe I know what you mean, taste is not really good if you'll take the normal Tumeric :P I am currently taking an all natural supplement which lessen my pain I'd say by 80%. I'll finish first the 30 day trial and will share this here.

Regards,
Kaydet

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153