Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements

More
3 years 2 months ago #22590 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
Hi Jo.m,
Well I found out the hard way with the flu shot, I can not have the normal flu vax, had such a severe reaction to it, it was worse than having the flu, mine now is a special order, but even with this one my arm swells and goes stiff as a board, which last for just over a week, I can't risk getting a flu blown flu though, I would end up in hospital for an extended stay if I did.

Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #22596 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
Hi
Thanx for the info on the flu shot. I already have a Management Plan for my CP but didnt know about the flu shot. Our clinic also has a nurse on staff that I visit 4 times a year to basically check the oil and water (blood pressure, etc and any changes) which is a great way to monitor the condition and ask any of those little questions without having to see the doc all the time
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marley

More
3 years 2 months ago #22626 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
Hi Don

I don't tollerate the flu vax well eithe, but it is good to know there is a "special order" available as an alternative..

It might be too late for this year, but if you need any other jabs you are likely to react to, I have found getting home and immediately icing my arm helps. 10mins on, 10mins off and keep going. It doesn't stop a reaction, just seems that it isn't so bad.
A Dr once suggested taking an antihistamine before coming to the appointment, but you would need to check with doc for interatctions and side affects. Avoiding the nasties from antihistimines, I prefer to ice, and, hot soup as a 'feel good.'
Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
Oh oh the night comes down
And I get afraid of losing my way
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

More
3 years 2 months ago #22627 by Marley
Marley replied the topic: GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
Hi Wendles

I have an Asthma Management Plan, but I didn't know that a chronic pain management plan existed.
Is this through your GP as I am not a client of a pain management unit and wondered in the CP Plan came from the unit.
Is it too personal to ask what a CP Plan is and what it involves? Is it a State thing?

Marley

Once I could laugh with everyone
Once I could see the good to me
Holding the world inside
Now the world is grey to me
Nobody can see you gotta believe it
And I get afraid of losing my way
And it’s dark again
“The Night Comes Down” Queen

• jo.m
  • jo.m's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #22628 by jo.m
jo.m replied the topic: GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
Hi Marley,

I use to complete the GP management plans for the GP's and as long as it is classified as a Chronic Condition then a plan should be in place for it.

It can be included within the same plan just each condition under a different heading and the plan that represents the particular condition should be followed. Its basically similar to a Care Plan which we use to use many years ago but with more benefits.

So as you have Asthma for example you would be entitled to the Free Flu Vaccine as it would increase your risk of getting 'really' sick if you got the flu however if the Asthma was managed by just a GP then you wouldn't necessarily be entitled to the 5 free visits a year for physio, podiatrist etc, however as you have chronic pain (or any chronic condition) which would be managed by your GP, a physio, podiatrist or any other health care provider (2 plus your GP required) you should have a Team Care Arrangement in place so that you would then be entitled to the 5 free visits a year for nominated health providers on the list.

I hope this helps a little.

ALL chronic conditions should be included in your management plan.

Jo

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!"

Annie - The Movie
The following user(s) said Thank You: grappers, Marley

More
3 years 2 months ago #22630 by Wendles
Wendles replied the topic: GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
Hi Marley
Mine is with my GP, our medical practice has all its patients with and long term illnesses on a management plan. 4 times a year i visit the clinics nurse to check weight, blood pressure etc. We also discuss any things that were a past issue to check how they are going and talk about and new problems which she will flag for the doctor. Then when i am finished with her i go into the doctor and he checks the flagged issues and any areas he thinks need bringing up. This way any changes with my health is easily noticed during the year but i can also see the doctor or nurse at any time and this is all bulk billed. I think it works well. I am happy to answer and questions
Wendles

There is always a SMILE
in your day,
you just need to find it!

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150