Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

• braddo1972
  • braddo1972's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #12618 by braddo1972
braddo1972 created the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
MY DOCTOR HAS ME WEARING 3 norspan patches 2x 20 1x10 may sound a lot to some but I personally think there weak compared to other opiat pain medication . And I have been on some high stuff never abused them only as directed. Just LATLEY with the hot weather their not lasting 7 days 5 at most , anyone else having this problem I have been on that strength 5 weeks now. He has told me he has other patients on more. I have facet joint decease , degeneration lower spine arthritis knees shoulder .

life can be cruel I will get up an win.facet
joint deseise , bulging discs , mechanical pain neuropathic .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #12627 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi braddo. Welcome to the Forum. Even when the computor glitch is sorted you will find the Forum is a place that can vary from quiet to very active and even the delightfully silly like Di. Actually thinking about it she probably blew the computor up. Yep that makes sense. Anyway Norspan. I agree they feel like they wear off after 5 days. Common comment. But if you stop wearing any patches for 3 days or more you will see they probably had been working because the difference is huge. I only wear 15mcg because i sometimes drive and they effect my concentration. Do i get relief from my bad back? Not likely, it takes the edge off and that's it. Most gps i would have thought encourage the use of a breakthrough painkiller in conjunction with the norspan. I have facet joint disease i suppose you call it and have had spinal fusions. Life is difficult but you know that. You need to be assessed by a pain clinic if not already. I don't know how you tolerate such a large dose of Norspan but if you can more power to you. Whatever you do don't overplay or worse downplay your pain with your doctor. Tell it as it is. Sounds like you have a Gp who doesn't mind prescribing large doses. I have never had the luxury of been given that chance. I am sure they just think i put on a patch once a week and i am fine until i see them next. Just so wrong. Once again welcome.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #12628 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi Braddo and welcome yes I was on 2 patches and found I only ever had 2 days of decent pain relief and that was mid week, the rest of the time it was wearing off or building up so pain levels were all over the place, not ideal. Apart from that I could only wear them on my shoulders and arms after having put cortisone cream on for 24hrs before hand.
I know have a spinal stimulator which is working well in conjunction with slow release Kapanol 140mg which is losing it's affectiveness.

Don

• braddo1972
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #12632 by braddo1972
braddo1972 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES

grappers wrote: Hi Braddo and welcome yes I was on 2 patches and found I only ever had 2 days of decent pain relief and that was mid week, the rest of the time it was wearing off or building up so pain levels were all over the place, not ideal. Apart from that I could only wear them on my shoulders and arms after having put cortisone cream on for 24hrs before hand.
I know have a spinal stimulator which is working well in conjunction with slow release Kapanol 140mg which is losing it's affectiveness.

Don

. yes I'm scared of more patches , but its cut the oxy down to 10 mg a day . cheers mate I'm interested in this spinal stimulater. cause I'm sick of pills and the horrible withdrawels some times.

• braddo1972
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #12633 by braddo1972
braddo1972 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Thanks for your kind words . I have done so much research on the patch and the information is so different finally I rang
the maker , she directed me to a sight which said
there is a celing dose and to what that is in humans is not
documented . So I look at it this way I'm taking micrograms which is less than mg and there only a partial agonist and just planing on taking them untill I can get the pain under controll . and try to strengthen
up. lets hope the plan works and I'm starting pain management next week. ps I'm a horrible speller and punctuation is just as bad.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #12634 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Tell me about withdrawals there are a few of us who are intolerant to most meds, the only one that I could tolerate was Kapanol, which meant every time a new med was trialled and had nasty side effects they stopped them cold turkey.
They dark days indeed and pain levels skyrocketed, the worst were anti-epileptics and anti-depressants and also Methadone they tried taking me off Kapanol while increasing Methadone, had nasty effects they thought it was withdrawal from Kapanol how far from the truth were they.
Wife calls me a bionic man because I am all wired up in my spine with a battery pack in my left butt cheek, it runs on the similar lines to a pace maker, it delivers electrical stimulation to the nerves in the spinal column blocking pain sensation from reaching the brain, the feeling on the inside is that of a tens unit to the areas affected, the leads are placed only to block where the pain comes from, its controlled with a hand held unit you place on the battery, you can turn it off and on and change stimulation strength, it is also charged with a separate unit, the battery has a life span of a minimum of 8 years before needing to replaced.

Don

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153