Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

More
5 years 7 months ago #12647 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi Braddo,

I noticed that you said you are starting pain management next week. Is it a multidisciplinary clinic with a pain physician, physio and pain psychologist? If so, they will also be able to review your pain medication and may be able to offer better management suggestions. They would probably know about the spinal stimulator too. Also they can teach you tools of pain management that work alongside medication as well.

I wish you all the best. I can hear that you sound pretty fed up at the moment; we can all relate to feeling like that.

Fee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #12708 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi Braddo, I have been on Norspan patches before,for herniated discs, and because I live in FNQ so found that the patches were lucky to stay on for 3 days at a time.I also found that the heat caused the patches to release the medication at a higher rate than normal, thus causing the patches to wear out rather quickly and cause dizziness/nausea.I also experienced iriitation around the area.They can take 48-72 hours initially for the peak blood plasma levels to be achieved.I tried bandages and waterproof dressing to some avail.I ended up taking the sublingual buphrenorphine (active ingredient in Norspan) Temgesic, instead.These worked quite well and were effective quickly but lasted just 2-3 hours.I was then switched to Oxycontin. I find these are very good for me and do not cause drowsiness or any other bothersome effects, but noticed having to up dosage every 2 1/2 to 3 months and that they only last 8-9 hours at best.Hope this helps a bit...

More
5 years 7 months ago #12711 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi Oxy,

Yes we do achieve tolerance at some stage thats why we need to go up or down on our dosage every now and again...

Hey Oxytotem,
Norspan patches last more than the stated 8-9 hrs...they're a 7 day patch!What patch are you on?

• braddo1972
  • braddo1972's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 7 months ago #12719 by braddo1972
braddo1972 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I'm on norspan and I'm getting a lot of flare ups.

life can be cruel I will get up an win.facet
joint deseise , bulging discs , mechanical pain neuropathic .

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #12731 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Eliza Oxytotem was talking about Oxycontin lasting that long not the norspan patches.

Don

More
5 years 7 months ago #12762 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I was talking about the OxyContin lasting only 8-9 hours,that i got switched to after Norspan.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150