Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

More
2 years 1 month ago #24374 by Romster
Romster replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi WAP
Osteoguard is just a multivitamin thing you get OTC. I was on a Menzies Research trial on lower back pain and one of their interventions was additional vitamin D and I started using Osteoguard which also has calcium, magnesium, Vit K, manganese and boron. I found it kinda helped me, not sure how but I felt worse when I ran out. So it's now part of my rattling - just take 2 in the morning.
I'm lucky I haven't had many antibiotics in my life - don't get much respiratory illness - touch wood
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mollylea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #24399 by nessa
nessa replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I got really sick on norspan patch-severe severe headache, dizzy, vomiting and nausea within hour of putting it on.cant remember the dose but improved by half of vourse once i took pstch off.Dr actually put it down as allergy to norspan.wicked stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mollylea

More
2 years 1 week ago #24524 by WAP
WAP replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I hope all are OK as it seems to have been VERY quite here?

More
1 year 9 months ago #25094 by Iamacup
Iamacup replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi all,
My first question for the forum.
I am looking for opinions on driving while using pharmaceutical pain management. I have looked around a little and would like people's opinions on this combination of medication. A brief history; I am currently just over one year into recovery from a car crash that has left me with spinal damage and associated chronic pain. I have been on various types of pain relief so far(as well other recovery methods), and I have just started what seems to be the most effective so far. However, I feel it leaves me quite wobbly on my feet and don't feel confident driving. My GP has assured me this is temporary, in their opinion it should have lasted for 48 hours. I am now on day 4 and still feeling the effects, just looking to see if other people have had this combination and how long it lasted, if they felt this way at all. My current combination is one 7 day 10 mg Norspan patch, 100mg slow release tramadol every 8hours, and Dolased (450mg panadol, 30mg codeine, doxylamine 5.1mg) I was just on the Tramadol before a flare up and now I am on this cocktail. The effects seem to be fairly constant, and would be best described as intoxicated, with an increase in euphoria (compared to before when it was just tramadol). I will book in with my GP if this persists, just looking for some insight. Has anyone else been on this combination? How did you find the effects, specifically on your ability to drive?
Thank you for your time.

More
1 year 9 months ago #25096 by WAP
WAP replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Welcome lamacup, I sympathise with you.
If you feel intoxicated in any way , do not drive, this MAY very well pass but it is worth waiting to see, even if it takes a long time for your body to get used to these drugs, be very aware of ANY effects of drugs you are taking before you drive. You are on a great deal of heavy medication and it may take quite some time.
I know what an inconvenience not being able to drive can be but better to be safe than sorry.
I wish you well and let us know how you get on please.

More
1 year 9 months ago #25097 by Iamacup
Iamacup replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I completely agree, I won't be driving anywhere until the effects pass. It's not worth the risk. I hope they do I am not sure what's going to happen with work while I am on this mixture. At least it is effective with the pain.
Thank you

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153