Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #26993 by penskifiles
penskifiles replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi kay i have used similar patches for years mine were durogesic fentanyl but iv used other brands that have not stuck very well especially when i was active and sweating. To reduce welts when removing excess glue that has stuck to you use isopropal its a liquid alcohol if you keep having problems with them your gp might change you to a analgesic that is in pill form anyway good luck its a long road and sometimes a bumpy one
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by penskifiles. Reason: Grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #26996 by WAP
WAP replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
When I 1st went on Norspan -- 5mg -- it neve did a thing , so after weeks Dr put me on 10mg to change once a week -- they do take the edge off the pain BUT for the 1st 2 weeks or maybe more I was nauseated and often vomited -- I have now been on them for 17 months and also have Endone 5mg to take but only take them when I am unable to get relief from lying or sitting down and the pain is unbearable..
I also take Panamax every 4 hours every day.
None of the Endone or the Norspan patches have ever made me high or affected in any other way and I am still OK to drive --- but I made sure b4 I did drive.
I am very aware that the more meds you take the quicker your pain will become used to it and then it is more and more -- and that is NEVER a good outcome.
The Norspan patches can disrupt your skin a bit -- some people more than others -- I get little itching patches that then look like scratches and scab up.

More
1 year 3 months ago #27058 by Saggo69
Saggo69 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I have not experienced weeping under the skin, but hIave had severe allergic reactions to the adhesive, not the medicine itself. I now place the patch on my heel and it has worked wonders for me. Well...so far so good anyway. :ohmy:

More
1 year 3 months ago #27059 by Saggo69
Same thing has happened to me as well. My pain doctor put me on Durogesic 12 and I was on that pain patch for a few years. I went to another pain doctor and this doctor told me to get off Durogesic and go back to Norspan as Norspan is the only medicine that helps me. The doctors mistake was to have me on a Norspan 5 from a Durogesic 12. Suffered immense withdrawal and today was put on a Norspan 15. The med kicked in and the withdrawal isn't as bad, however hoping that pain subsides as well.

NEVER allow a doctor to put you on a lower dose medication coming off a high dose/strong med....mistake on their behalf and we have to suffer the consequences. Just like you, I rely on Endone and panamax for pain breakthrough. I would rather not take anything really, but.....life is unfair :(

More
1 year 3 months ago #27060 by WAP
WAP replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Fresh , may I ask what dose Endone you are on and how many you take -- I am also taking Panamax and have 5mg Endone to take when needed as well as the 10mg Norspan

More
1 year 3 months ago #27061 by Saggo69
Hi,

I am on the 5mg Endone (twice daily). There are days where I only take it once, but on bad days...twice daily only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WAP

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153