Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

More
1 year 6 months ago #27062 by WAP
WAP replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Yes Sago -- sorry I got your name wrong b4 and called your Fresh
--mine are also 5mg and I have been sitting or lying down rather than take them so are only taking maybe 1 a week or less if able to rest but I take Panamax every 4 hours every day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #27090 by trixiebelle
trixiebelle replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I have been reducing the fentanyl patch dose slowly over 2 years and because 12 mcg is the lowest dose she decided rather than take the jump down to nothing it would be easier on my body to go to norspan and then gradually reduce the dose down. Last time I went onto a 15mcg norspan patch and felt absolutely miserable so this time we are going to start on the 25mcg plus some diazepam to help with the anxiety and restless limbs at night.

More
1 year 6 months ago #27091 by Saggo69
Saggo69 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
That's okay. I got very sick since posting my last thread. I needed to go back to Durogesic as the withdrawal and pain got very bad since being put on Norspan 15. I suffer from pudendal nerve damage....chronic pain for over 8 years...ouch! I'm much better now, thank goodness. I prefer to strictly use Edone on a limited basis, ie, once or twice a day when needed. It would be awesome to not take it at all, but unfortunately I have frequent breakthrough pain with the patch. I've been on ketamine at hospital for 9 days and still had breakthrough pain so it doesn't surprise me that I have breakthrough pain even with the strongest of meds. Hope you're feeling okay.

More
1 year 6 months ago #27099 by WAP
WAP replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
So sorry to hear of your suffering Saggo. I understand totally how unbearable it can be

• jmurtagh1950@outlook.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #27953 by jmurtagh1950@outlook.com
jmurtagh1950@outlook.com replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I feel for you, you poor thing. I have been on 20mcg Norspan patches for 2 weeks and prior to that was on 10mcg for 2 weeks. I have not had the problems you are having, thank goodness but then again I am still have debilitating pain. You should definitely have a firm talk to your GP as your patches obviously don't agree with you. I hope you find some relief soon.
Take care

More
10 months 1 week ago #28003 by Laura7
Laura7 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi there. This is my first post on this forum. I have been on Norspan for just over a year a modest dose of 15mgs. It is the only routine analgesic I use other than ocassional Mobic and the odd dose of Endone for flares. I'm being treated for Fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, grade 4 sacroileitis and osteoarthritis. I was only diagnosed just under 2 years ago and tried Lyrica and Endep but didn't like the side effects. Sometimes I have been pain free for weeks and dont change my Norspan patch but then the pain returns with a vengeance. Has anyone managed to come off patches or got their pain under control using anything else. Going to my GP every month to get a script reinforces to me my illness and my predicament.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150