Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 3 months ago #13508 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Glad to see you posting again Jamie, you must lets know how you are getting on since the big move, has all the past dramas sorted themselves out.

Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Collins
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Dedicated to pain research when possible
More
5 years 3 months ago #13530 by Collins
Collins replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I have survived the move and have pushed on - thanks Don
So many people here in the community helped me out - I just couldnt begin to name them all there is so many
Just will sya thanks to all those in Coffs that helped me out - your all good people!

Very true Mrs Shingles - everyone reacts differently to different meds - so its trial and error for us all - keep Targin in mind - its a substitue for Norspan if you dont go so well on Norspan - its a tablet and is easier for some and not as rough as oxycodeine - so far so good for me - but its early too- just like to give you some knowledge to help you with options to have when seeing your Doctor if Norspan doesnt work out for you in the end.

Bets of luck and best wishes with it
Jamie

One of the silent voices, supporting CPA

More
5 years 3 months ago #13540 by weather
weather replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Good luck with the Norspan Mrs Shingles, they take 3 days to reach a steady level so do make sure you keep those Endone handy. One thing I'm finding in here that's quite unusual it the amount of mixing of different opiates, My GP is in his 60's but very up to date. He works clinic 3 days a week then Lectures Medicine at Melbourne Uni 2 days a week and will NEVER mix different opiates with the exception of starting Norspan like Mrs. Shingles is now, keeping me on Endone for 3 days then switching me to Temgesic, same drug as Norspan but in tablet form. I asked him about this one day and he said it's because it causes your threshold for fitting to rise substantially and got quite angry with me for taking panadeine for a shocking headache as Oxy-Contin doesn't work for headaches on me.

He also attends a lot of lectures while at Uni, especially since I came along, LOL.

I don't understand why they didn't pop you on Oxy-Contin Mrs. Shingles as Endone is the immediate release version of it, anyhow they have their reasons.

He did trial me on Targin which is Oxy-Contin and Narcan mixed together, it just gave me a wicked headache and he said yep, I haven't had much luck with that one yet, basically in VIC he said it will become mandatory for anyone under 25 soon, to be prescribed Targin instead of pure Oxy, new young CP patients in VIC are not going to be exposed to pure Opiates if they can help it. He explained to me how the drug company had spun it and asked me to try it, it also helps nip withdrawals or ease them greatly if you suffer from them.

He said to date it's been less effective in his patients than Panadeine Forte, I'll leave that one there.

GOOD LUCK Mrs. Shingles

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #13545 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Hi Weather,

I noticed you said you got the headaches on the Targin. Did you get any on the Norspan? I am up to nearly 3 weeks on the Norspan 10mg and still getting lots of severe headaches and neck muscle stiffness and neck pain as side effects since going up to the 10mg. I'm not sure how long it takes for the side effects to diminish, but usually the botox helps bring down my headache and neck pain level so it is disappointing to be taking something (Norspan) that increases these. I just wish I knew if these side effects will eventually dissipate....crystal ball stuff, eh!

You are very lucky to have a GP who is a lecturer and also thirsty for knowledge. What does he lecture in? And is he attending lectures on Fibromyalgia or CP in general? Is his practice city based or in the suburbs?

Thanks for passing on the info that you are learning from him.

:-) Fee
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by BIY. Reason: TYPO

More
5 years 3 months ago #13553 by weather
weather replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
No problem Mrs. Shingles!!

Hey Fee, no headaches on Norspan at all, no muscle stiffness either BUT I do take clonazepam (Rivotril/Paxam) a benzo at a high dose but no pain killer has ever given me muscle stiffness, Oxycodone (Endone/Oxy-Contin) is also a powerful muscle relaxant on top of being a powerful pain killer.

I don't know what actual subjects my GP lectures in, in medicine. I haven't asked him and I don't think he'd tell me, but he tells me snippets of lectures he attends pertaining to me about Fibromyalgia and some CP which is great but he's not a CP expert. He's based in the inner city but is not far off retiring :( :( :(

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!

More
5 years 3 months ago #13618 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES

I put the patch on my left hip

The instructions clearly state:

Apply to the upper outer arm, upper chest, upper back, or side of chest.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153