Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

NORSPAN PATCHES

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #13994 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
The receptors are in the brain but a localised anaesthetic like action may occur from the area the drug is being absorbed.i did noticed when taking the temgesic (sublingual buphrenorphine) a slight numbng sensation, but only one way to find out :woohoo: also any bruising or inflammation will be generating heat and or having blood vessels which have burst ( bruising) may cause the drug to be absorbed in larger quantities than normal because of the close proximity of blood vessels to the patch,causing the patch to wear off quicker...this is all just speculation, but it makes sense to me hahaha.good luck and hope it works for you!!
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Oxytotem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #13995 by Aetherone
Aetherone replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES

Collins wrote: keep Targin in mind - its a substitue for Norspan if you dont go so well on Norspan - its a tablet and is easier for some and not as rough as oxycodeine

Jamie, how does that work? Targin is oxycodone blended with naloxone (which eases the constipation).

Oxytotem wrote: The receptors are in the brain but a localised anaesthetic like action may occur from the area the drug is being absorbed.

Unlikely, uless you're also including a local anaesthetic!

Oxytotem wrote: i did noticed when taking the temgesic (sublingual buphrenorphine) a slight numbng sensation

Probably a side effect due to the quantity of med being adsorbed in such a short time. Dumping a patch at this rate might well be a one way trip :ohmy:

Oxytotem wrote: also any bruising or inflammation will be generating heat and or having blood vessels which have burst ( bruising) may cause the drug to be absorbed in larger quantities than normal because of the close proximity of blood vessels to the patch,causing the patch to wear off quicker...this is all just speculation

It will also speed up the adsorption of the meds so they hit you quicker, hit you harder and wear off sooner.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Aetherone.

• braddo1972
  • braddo1972's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #14100 by braddo1972
braddo1972 replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
In the uk the lowest strength is 52.2 and the highest is 70 micrograms . And their changed twice a week. But the spaz Aussie norspan , which is crap only last 4-5 days max but they still say 7 days so your left in agony for the rest of the week. I'm going to the gp and demanding a lower dose changed every 5 days. I'm sick a bloody tired of them saying they last 7 days. who is with me. :evil: :evil: by the way I am only on two patches now been a week and f the gp I changed the two today in stead of Sunday morning. ps sorry about the f word lol. I can't bend forward sideways or backwards. I'm in AGONY.

life can be cruel I will get up an win.facet
joint deseise , bulging discs , mechanical pain neuropathic .
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by braddo1972. Reason: because I'm angry.

More
5 years 6 months ago #14102 by Aetherone
Aetherone replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES

braddo1972 wrote: who is with me.

Waaayyyyyyyy ahead of you with Durogesic patches :)
The truly hardest part is finding a medico who's willing to believe you over the package notes. The drugs board and pharmacists seem to have no problem with the doctor approved protocols.

More
5 years 6 months ago #14103 by Eliza
Eliza replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
I'm with you too Braddo,

The Durogesic patches don't last the prescribed 3 days...only about 2 days...is that the same for you Aetherone?

• Collins
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Dedicated to pain research when possible
More
5 years 6 months ago #14107 by Collins
Collins replied the topic: NORSPAN PATCHES
Collins wrote:
keep Targin in mind - its a substitue for Norspan if you dont go so well on Norspan - its a tablet and is easier for some and not as rough as oxycodeine

Aetherone wrote

Jamie, how does that work? Targin is oxycodone blended with naloxone (which eases the constipation).

Jamie wrote:
You answered your own question

One of the silent voices, supporting CPA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oxytotem

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150