Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Antidepressants

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #12765 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem created the topic: Antidepressants
Anyone else think that antidepressants are bloody horrible things?ive tried escitalopam,Paxil, dothep.ssris,snris,tricyclics done em all and they all made me feel either physically or mentally ill.also has any one tried Palexia?its an opiate with SNRI type properties as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mrs Shingles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #12768 by Mrs Shingles
Mrs Shingles replied the topic: Antidepressants
Hi there Oxytotem :) , I had a terrible reaction to Zoloft, and was taken off it after 4 days after experiencing mental confusion and ,jincreased suicidal thoughts. It was a very frightening experience as I felt I was in a continual state of fog as well as experiencing the rare side effect of excruciating stomach pains.
I have since been on Cipramil which has worked really well and keeps my depression mostly under control. And take Endep as well, both have also had a good effect on my IBS reducing my attacks considerably.
I am unable to give an opinion on Palexia as I have no experience with it.
Hopefully someone here may be able to help who is on it

More
5 years 5 months ago #12769 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Antidepressants
Hi Oxy,

I think this is where we're all different in that antidepressants work well for some, but I am like you and there's none I can take without severe side effects usually those side effects that come under the pharmacist's information as "on rare occasions" such as muscle spasms, tardive dyskenesia, hair falling out, restless leg syndrome etc, etc!

However, I thought I'd tried just about all of them, but haven't heard of Palexia.

Fee

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #12779 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Antidepressants
Hi Oxy can't take them either, they bring about personality changes and that can be on half a child's dose, they have tried so many with the same outcome, so they have given up. For the sake of my marriage I don't go down this path any more and try and deal with my depression with breathing and relaxation, talking about how I feel and not bottling it all up inside, letting go of the guilt and anger associated with suffering CP.

Don

More
5 years 5 months ago #12793 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: Antidepressants
Hi Oxy. I will have to google the antidep you mentioned. Depression fro Cpers is quite likely reactive depression which obviously means as a result of your pain battles. But it can be genetic predisposition or quite simply just arises without an obvious reason. For many,many people the experience of finding the right one is either first time or the tenth. I like many went through decades trying to find the right one which i eventually did but i won't forget the horrible first few weeks of trying a new one. Massive increases in anxiety, insomnia, nausea all made me worse. If you feel like you are sliding down to a dangerous level go to doc. You didn't say how long you had perservered with them.

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #12884 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem replied the topic: Antidepressants

BIY wrote: Hi Oxy,

I think this is where we're all different in that antidepressants work well for some, but I am like you and there's none I can take without severe side effects usually those side effects that come under the pharmacist's information as "on rare occasions" such as muscle spasms, tardive dyskenesia, hair falling out, restless leg syndrome etc, etc!

However, I thought I'd tried just about all of them, but haven't heard of Palexia.

Fee

Hi fee palexia is actually an opiate but has serotonin/noradrenaline re uptake inhibitive qualities apparently...read it on one of the articles on this website,posibly in resources or latest,not sure.neways it's on wiki an stuff..

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153