Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Jurnista

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #13090 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem created the topic: Jurnista
Anyone tried jurnista?doc just put me on 12mg (1x8mg &1x 4mg) daily.they are more expensive than the OxyContin,but doc thinks tolerance issue might be better.dont think she wants me on morphine,I guess it's a last resort option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #13094 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Jurnista
Oxy they are still a morphine based opiate, the difference is you only need smaller doses and still are slow release, there has been a big pull away from Oxycotin because of a lot of bad press and Doctors are running scared or the Government is pushing to have patients taken off this medication.

Don

• Oxytotem
  • Oxytotem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #13098 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem replied the topic: Jurnista
I don't think my doc is necessarily scared of the oxycontins it's just that my tolerance goes up every 3 months and she's thinking long term and the consequences of a high dose.i took the jurnista about an hour and a half ago and feel a bit lightheaded and kinda nauseasous but also had an endone cuz doc said they could take 2 hours to kick in,so maybe a bit much at once I guess,but I'm okay.gotta go to work in an hour!hopefully I'm not too dopey lol.pain levels about 50% of what it was this morning so I dunno,I've a got a two week trial of these before I get an authority script,but doc said can take up to 4 days for plasma levels to even out,will have to keep you posted....

More
5 years 5 months ago #13105 by weather
weather replied the topic: Jurnista
Hi oxy,

nice to meet you. I've tried loads of meds but not many opiates, because I'm new here and have been on opiates for about 3 years please don't think I'm being a know it all, I have a lot to learn from you all and I've been planning on asking my Dr. to try Jurnista next time my oxy tolerance creeps back in and I think that time is nearing. I'd love to hear how it goes for you and I hope it helps ease your pain. I've done a lot of reading over the last few months about opiate rotation. I was on endone and Di-Gesic for a year before I got diagnosed 2 years ago, that's when I started out on 10mg of Oxy twice a day and was also going through 40x5mg tabs of Endone a month. As I got a better understanding of pain I managed to ditch all break through Endone about 6 months ago. Sorry I'm rambling, my point is that the importance of opiate rotation is FINALLY getting through to GP's and they realise that if a patient becomes tolerant to their dose, switch it to the equal dose of another opiate and this in turn slows down the entire opiate escalation that's been happening. Don't raise the dose, switch it because it hits different receptors in the brain and 3 or 6 months or when ever your Jurnista dose wears off you can go back to oxy at the dose you were on and it will work fine again. I was surprised at how much better oxy worked for me again after a 5 week trial on Norspan and that was 8 months ago. One thing I'd like to share though about Jurnista is that I kept coming across a lot of articles in regards to alcohol, I don't drink but people get away with the occasional glass of wine or beer every once in a while although it's not recommended on any opiates but almost all articles I did read about Jurnista were do not drink at all on this drug, it seriously clashes with alcohol for some reason way more than any other opiate on the market and some people have died from one drink while on it. I'm not being a scare monger, it's meant to be excellent and I'd love to take 1 pill a day that controls my pain.

I just don't ever want to raise my dose unless I absolutely have to and I can't take synthetic opiates except for Di-Gesic which has just been taken off the market. I can take semi-synthetic opiates though, but I don't understand that term because it's made from the poppy, anyhoo good luck and because I have to research a lot on meds these day I have a better understanding of what will flip me out and that's how I found out about a lot of info on Jurnista and alcohol.

Good luck with it and I can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

I react to 80% of medications very differently to others, DO NOT EVER let one one MY stories EVER stop you from trying something. We are all so different. It might be the key to relieving your CP. May your trip on The-Med-Go-Round be a short one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oxytotem

• grappers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #13106 by grappers
grappers replied the topic: Jurnista
Weather good advice about alcohol, I have been on opiates now for over 6 years, when I first went on them I had a few beers, well I use to brew my own, point is it made sick as a dog and since that day I have not touched a drop, still have stubbies in the shed from 8 years ago collecting dust and half a dozen bottles of bundie which I use occasionally in cooking.
The warning is there for a reason, for some nothing will happen bar getting drunk quicker and a bigger hang over, but it can have terrible outcomes to anyone of us at any time, it would be like playing Russian Roulette except there a re 5 bullets in the chamber.

Don

More
5 years 5 months ago #13111 by BIY
BIY replied the topic: Jurnista
Hi Weather,

I am new to opiates as my earlier benchmark I was only going to go to was codeine fortes (but ended up with gastroparesis from that anyway).

What is the difference between synthetic and real opiates?

I am one of those very sensitive to medication side effects so have been largely unmedicated for my pain which has been a living hell.

Was on 5mg Norspan patches for 4 weeks; helped initially but pain increased again. Been on 10mg for just over a wekk and have been getting sore neck and increased muscle pain in jaw and legs....my husband went to pharmacy last night and this is a side effect in less than 1% of Norspan users....oh joy!!! NOT! So the Norspan has got rid of some pain, but the muscle pain has increased at the same time so I have more pain in some areas from side effects if that makes sense

I was just interested in this Jurnista having less side affects...or is that just in normalish people and not people who are really sensitive like me?

Just love to know a bit more about this synthetic/non synthetic thing and if that makes a difference to side effects?

Fee
The following user(s) said Thank You: weather

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153