Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

I can't getover that I'm taking opiat medication

• braddo1972
  • braddo1972's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #13149 by braddo1972
braddo1972 replied the topic: I can't getover the fact I'm taking opiatmedicatio
cheers peter makes SENCE pain or pills or patches in my case. no I don't abuse them
they are working at the moment. lets hope I can
reduce to affect .

life can be cruel I will get up an win.facet
joint deseise , bulging discs , mechanical pain neuropathic .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #13150 by Oxytotem
Oxytotem replied the topic: I can't getover the fact I'm taking opiatmedicatio
Braddo,I can understand your anxiety.im 22 and have been on an off numerous types of meds,all to do with chronic pain since 16!if you need these drugs to get through your day then stuff the world,you know you're in the right.and also,I know diazepam makes you feel more calm,not to freak you out more,but benzodiazepines can be even worse than opiates,and you don't seem too worried and seem too be actually taking them to cope with the stress!my advice is,as young as I am,NEVER EVER,use any drug/med as a coping mechanism,this can be done mentally!the reason why opiates and the like have a bad name is because they have the ability, (as with anything) at higher than clinical doses,to make people feel better about a stressful situation,and so the loop continues.please don't take this as a reprimand or trying to tell you how to live you're life,I just really think that your anxiety about opiates is misguided, albeit these are serious substances to be involved with,on any level,but I believe that there is a massive difference between someone who needs the medications to function at a reasonably normal level and street addicts, don't beat yourself up about it and take one day at a time,if you are really upset about it all,then speak to your GP,but for your own sake don't freak out over statistics and media hype.unfortunetly,sensational stories sell newspapers,not ho hum life stories of someone struggling with a bad back etc. wish you all the best mate,Tom

More
5 years 6 months ago #13160 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: I can't getover that I'm taking opiat medication
hi braddo1972.what pain medications are you on?just curious.your worries are normal but you sound like you are not abusing the pain meds and you are following instructions on how to take it all.everything everyone has said is right.i am not sure what your actual health issue is that requires pain medication but if you need relief from pain,it is worth taking them.just remember,a lot of people take pain medication and they except that it is something they have to take so they can try to lead a semi normal life depending on their health issues.getting the support from other's here is a good thing for you and we are always here if you need to talk.take care.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression

• braddo1972
  • braddo1972's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #13169 by braddo1972
braddo1972 replied the topic: I can't getover that I'm taking opiat medication
I have facet joint disease ( arthritus ) lower back refered pain hips and legs bulging discs 3 in total one is torn and leaking . so bacially I have osteoarthritis my cartridge is demineralising nothing life threatening but when the facet joints touch i have massive mussle spasms hence the diazapam . I take way less than I'm prescribed 10 mg a day sometimes less I am getting a little better everyday but super slowley all started from a lifting injury at work. Lot of the anxiety is from the pain aswell . :pinch:

life can be cruel I will get up an win.facet
joint deseise , bulging discs , mechanical pain neuropathic .
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by braddo1972. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: titan55

• GarfieldRules
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #13204 by GarfieldRules
GarfieldRules replied the topic: I can't getover that I'm taking opiat medication
Hi Braddo1972. You have had some very good advice. We all feel the way you do about meds. Unfortunately most of us don't have a choice. We need them to try and get through each day. It is worth speaking to a professional of some sort in relation to your anxiety about it all. Best of luck. xx

More
5 years 6 months ago #13224 by titan55
titan55 replied the topic: I can't getover that I'm taking opiat medication
sending big cyber hugs to you braddo1972.you are dealing with so much pain you poor thing.wish i could help you.all i can say is take it easy if possible and like the rest of us,hope that in the near future,medical science can come up with some cures to all of our health issues.hang in there and take care.

chronic migraines and headaches for over 25 years.
intercystitial cystitis.
chronic facial pain due to allergies
irratable bowel syndrome
chronic upper tummy pain
fibromyalgia
depression
The following user(s) said Thank You: braddo1972

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150