Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Kebsa I Need Your Opinion

• Outlast
  • Outlast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #13753 by Outlast
Outlast created the topic: Kebsa I Need Your Opinion
Kebsa. i admire you and what you go through. I am asking an opinion and nothing more . I am in serious trouble my neck and muscle pain because i broke it. I know your use is MS but do you think there would be any value in this for neck muscle pain. I google it and it is mainly for MS. My docs probably aren't open for suggestion so i need background.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Outlast
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #13754 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: Kebsa I Need Your Opinion
Sorry Kebsa. Meant baclofen. Going to bed tired. Nite

More
5 years 6 months ago #13808 by kebsa
kebsa replied the topic: Kebsa I Need Your Opinion
sorry i did not see your post before - i guess the big issue would be what type of pain it actuely is- baclofen is actually used for many isssues other than MS- basically it falls in the group of drugs called muscle relaxants and is used to treat muscle spasm- i have used it for baldder spasms. I know of spinal cord injury patients eg paraplegics who use it but it is when there pain is caused by spasticity caused by severe spasms

the big thing that comes to mind here though is that its not so much a case of telling a docotr what to prescribe, but you should be able to have an open discussion with your treating doctor- if you are still having major pain issues you need to speak to the doctor about it- if for instance the pain you have is nerve related rather than spasm or spasticity its unlikely to be the appropriatte type of drug. There are other muscl relaxants too so if they think its the right kind of med, they may use a different drug in the same class- basically what i am saying is that you nned to ask a lot of questions, as well as telling the doc what problems you are having

hope that helps- educating yourlef is great and i am lucy to have doctors that have always been pretty open with me and i appreciatte that but i can't tell my doc what he should be prescibing and i certainly cannot tell you that baclofen would be the right drug for you either- learn what you can but remember the internet is not always the soource of the most accurate info but the best thing is to have a clear and open discussion with our doc- if that is not possible, it may be that you need to find one you do feel listens too you and will explain why or why not a particualr treatment is trialled

goodluck

• Outlast
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #13812 by Outlast
Outlast replied the topic: Kebsa I Need Your Opinion
Thanks Kebsa. it was a bit of a long shot asking what i did. I will find out what baclofen is indicated for by doc as you suggest. Seeing him today but i already doubt its use for general muscle relief. Hope you are doing okay. regards Outlast.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150