Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Stomach Cramps from Norspan Patch?

• trixiebelle
  • trixiebelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 9 months ago #26751 by trixiebelle
trixiebelle created the topic: Stomach Cramps from Norspan Patch?
I have been on Fentanyl Patches for 5 years for chronic pain and have been tapering from 75mcg down to 12mcg over the past 2 years with my doctor's help. Because Fentanyl patches only go down to 12mcg she switched me to Norspan 15mcg so she can gradually taper me down to the lowest dose. Two weeks ago we applied the first Norspan patch and within a few hours I started getting stomach pain (similar to the colicky pain you can get from codeine). The pain got worse and on the third day I removed the patch and we went back to Fentanyl temporarily. I ended up in hospital because the pain got so severe that they thought I had gallstones. All the tests came back clear and they don't know what caused it. My doctor isn't convinced it was the Norspan causing it and wants to put me back on it next week for another try.

Has anyone else experienced this with Norspan? I hope someone can help as I am feeling really anxious about it happening again!

Thankyou :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #26757 by Pugsley
Pugsley replied the topic: Stomach Cramps from Norspan Patch?
Hi. I've been on norspan 30mg, a 10 and a 20mg patch for 4 years. Never noticed any stomach problems. However they make you sleepy and do not get rid of the pain like stronger patches , just makes it bearable. But are certainly a lot better for you than fentanyl as that is extremely addictive .
The following user(s) said Thank You: trixiebelle

• trixiebelle
  • trixiebelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 9 months ago #26779 by trixiebelle
trixiebelle replied the topic: Stomach Cramps from Norspan Patch?
Thanks for your response. Were you on fentanyl prior to norspan? I regret ever starting fentanyl, it's been a nightmare to get off.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
PO Box 425
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills NSW 2150