Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Changing from Targin 30/15 to Norspan Patch 30mcgs/hr

• Jodes03
  • Jodes03's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #28023 by Jodes03
Jodes03 created the topic: Changing from Targin 30/15 to Norspan Patch 30mcgs/hr
Hello. Since 2011 I have suffered with chronic neuropathic pain in my right arm and hand. I have been on the combination of Cymbalta 60mg daily, Lyrica 150mg twice a day and targin 30/15 twice a day with a neurostimulator insitu. I increase my dose of Lyrica when I get pain "flares". Recently i have noticed that the Targin is only lasting for around 7 hours so I am about to change onto 30mcg/hr Norspan Patches. My Dr advised that I take my last Targin in the morning and then put the patch on the next day in the evening. This will be 18hrs of no opiod pain relief. I'm really concerned about the time frame between the two doses of drugs and was wondering what other people were advised to do. I'm really concerned the pain will be unbearable and I'll need to take time off work which I can't afford to do. This is the first time I've ever made a big change to my pain management so if anyone can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153