Stories

Conversation

Understand

Join Us

Chronic Pain

First, understand it.

Read more

We walk a mile in your shoes. WE CONNECT WITH YOU we listen, offer hope, support and accept YOU.

Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?

More
5 years 7 months ago #10104 by vicgirl
vicgirl replied the topic: Re: Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?
Hey Ross :) I'm not sure how to chat to you privately...but I'm up for that sometime.

I am a vet...technically I guess, in that I studied, got my degree, got a job - with pain issues all the while (I've had CRPS since I was 14, I'm now coming up 28) - and was put out of commission eight or nine months later when the CRPS did a big jump from one leg to whole body.

You've got a Labrador? Lovely. I've got a 5, almost 6 year old Labby who I've had since she was 10 weeks old, and a 6 year old Bullmastiff x. Both look after me, especially the Lab and I wouldn't be without them. Leaving them and my cat behind is one of the worst things about being in hospital I think. Animals have such a calming effect, as well as their companionship.

Have a good night's sleep.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #10107 by hopeful_kate
hopeful_kate replied the topic: Re: Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?
Hello Ros and others,

I've been reading about your experience with great interest! How's it going today? I'm going in for ketamine in January (I think) so am very curious! So you are allowed to be unhooked sometimes to shower etc?? I was wondering about that! I reckon I'll take my ipad in to keep myself amused. You mentioned you are sleepy - I hope I am sleepy for it and can doze away most of the day - I get very bored!

All the best and I'll log in later today to see how you're going!

Kate

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #10113 by di
di replied the topic: Re: Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?
Good morning Laura, Kate and our 'on-line' patient Ros, :kiss:

I hope every thing is going well for you this morning Ros. xo
Apart from a doctors appointment to get a blood test authorisation (if that's what it's called), I'll be here to check in and see how you're doing.

Di ♥
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by di.

More
5 years 7 months ago #10114 by di
di replied the topic: Re: Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?
Ros and Laura,

I have two beautiful little Minichis - (miniature foxy cross chihuahua)

9 years ago my husband and I went out to find a round baking tray for our microwave oven.

We came home with these two... So I called one Bake and the other Tray! :silly:

My Bake 'n Tray

More
5 years 7 months ago #10116 by Red
Red replied the topic: Re: Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?
Morning everyone. Di your little dogs are beautiful :) I had a little dog for 16 years, same breed, loved her. They have such personalities.

Ros, I am interested in hearing how you are going. When I had the ketamine infusion, mine was intravenous and my main side effect was I had trouble focusing my eyes. So reading etc was difficult and I was very light sensitive. From memory, my dose was from 2 mgs and hour up to 4 mgs an hour In the final days. Another patient who was having the ketamine infusion at the same time also had the eye problems.

Good luck with it. X
The following user(s) said Thank You: di

More
5 years 7 months ago #10119 by hopeful_kate
hopeful_kate replied the topic: Re: Ketamine infusion for chronic pain. Does it help?
I'm having a PICC line (apparently something to do with the type of IV) anyone had experience with this?

Moderators: Johnnojo.m
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Chronic Pain Australia

Sometimes the journey TAKES YOU TO A PLACE UNMAPPED. Anything is possible

-Chronic Pain Australia

national.office@chronicpainaustralia.org.au

you're not alone

Postal address

PO Box 425
4 Melville Street
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2152
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153